what do i have to edit

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
what do i have to edit to remove the emergency call off the rotary lock screen plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its annoying

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
if it were that easy id hope blackdroid wouldnt have released two roms with it still there...

D

dankarlinski

Im sure it was left for a reason

sent from my droid incredible

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its not in the framework-res.apk that i seen and been in there alot doing my own theme

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
BD told me what xml to edit and i cant figer it out can anyone help

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's an xml then this is probably what you have to do. I've done it for other things
Download APKManger 4.8.
Open it, drag the framework-res.apk inside the "place her for modding folder", open the script and press n and hit enter. Then hit enter again and a list will appear. Press the letter 9 and hit enter. Once it's finished, close the script and go to the "out" folder. Then you can edit all of the xml's but you have to know which one to go to.
Now, that's IF the xml for that feature is inside the framework-res.apk but I think they're all in there.

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
If it's an xml then this is probably what you have to do. I've done it for other things
Download APKManger 4.8.
Open it, drag the framework-res.apk inside the "place her for modding folder", open the script and press n and hit enter. Then hit enter again and a list will appear. Press the letter 9 and hit enter. Once it's finished, close the script and go to the "out" folder. Then you can edit all of the xml's but you have to know which one to go to.
Now, that's IF the xml for that feature is inside the framework-res.apk but I think they're all in there.

he told me what xml it was on so i know what one to edit just im still learning lol

then how do i re build it

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand haha. And once you're done, open the script and select the recompile option.

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
I understand haha. And once you're done, open the script and select the recompile option.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it didnt compile it back to an apk

and get error log

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
im trying it again
and will let you know

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
Could Not Find C:\Users\KATIE\Desktop\APK manager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedframework-res.apk
Could Not Find C:\Users\KATIE\Desktop\APK manager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedframework-res.apk
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding resources...
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/status_bar_header_background.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/keyboard_background.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
S: Could not decode file, replacing by FALSE value: drawable-en-hdpi/sym_keyboard_feedback_delete.png
S: Could not decode file, replacing by FALSE value: drawable-en-hdpi/sym_keyboard_delete.png
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/statusbar_background.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/status_bar_close_on.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
I: Copying assets and libs...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BD told me what xml to edit and i cant figer it out can anyone help

java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
Could Not Find C:\Users\KATIE\Desktop\APK manager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedframework-res.apk
Could Not Find C:\Users\KATIE\Desktop\APK manager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedframework-res.apk
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding resources...
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/status_bar_header_background.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/keyboard_background.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
S: Could not decode file, replacing by FALSE value: drawable-en-hdpi/sym_keyboard_feedback_delete.png
S: Could not decode file, replacing by FALSE value: drawable-en-hdpi/sym_keyboard_delete.png
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/statusbar_background.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/status_bar_close_on.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
I: Copying assets and libs...
what edits did you make in those XMLs?..they are erroring out.... also BD's. 9.png's doesn't recompile and errors out, so you would need to use PNGs from ROMs like Shadow or LFY drawable-hdpi and drawable-land-hdpi folders...then do your XML edits, recompile, then replace his PNGs

OP
T-N-T

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
have given up lol maybe ill play with it later if

any one wants to try to edit it let me know ill up load it