*What did you ask your Amazon Echo today?*

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We thought this would be a fun continuous topic thread to put up for the Amazon Echo. Please share what question (and the answer you received) you asked the Amazon Echo today! Pleas remember the forum rules and keep it clean/family friendly!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Can Alexa play background music while completing tasks?

Lindy Lee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 6 & Huawei Ascend Mate
Play lots of different music at different volumes, tell me the time, the weather. We had a guest for Thanksgiving who lives in London. She asked Alexa for a weather report from home and what tomorrow' weather will be like for flying. I asked her to set a couple alarms for things on the stove. I asked her to do the dishes after dinner but she kept saying she didn't understand. She did. Just lazy. o_O So I had to use the dishwasher. And load it myself and put the soap in and push a button and everything. Tough day. (But the turkey was good.)

Lindy Lee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I asked her when the rain was going to stop. She read me the weather report. Close enough.

Alexa, how are you?
I'm fine, thank you.
Another time: I'm good.

Are you a Democrat or Republican?
That's a tricky question.

Lindy Lee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
In the last several days I asked her how many US$ in 5 British pounds? How many US$ in 5000 pesos? How many inches in 20 centimeters? How many tablespoons in a cup? 20 degrees Celsius is how many degrees F? She knows all that stuff. You have to watch how you phrase it though or she won't understand.

I just started listening to radio stations on Tunedin. She plays lots of worldwide stations.

Reactions: cr6

Lindy Lee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was walking through the kitchen/family room the other day and heard my husband talking.
Me: "What?"
Him: "Nothing, I was talking to Alexa."