What did I do wrong with bootstrapper?

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
A few days ago, I updated my droid x to 2.3.340, and rooted the phone, boom instant satisfaction.

However, when I tried to bootstrap the phone, I clicked bootstrap, then booted into recovery. However, it did not boot into recovery, and started bootlooping. Sadly, I couldn't find an sbf to fix it before the phone ran out of battery, and became a brick.

Was there something I needed to do before bootstrapping, like deodexing? because I have NO idea how to do that.

doomer4life

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is how did you root did you remember to apply bootstrap b4 booting and did you have a new copy of bootstrap?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should still be able to find someone with a DX to let you charge your battery in or you could purchase another battery.
As far as your phone bootlooping vs going into recovery goes, I've never seen that. I'd see if it will boot up when you either charge your battery or get another battery and bootstrap recovery again. Only thing I can think of is that CW didn't "take" but that should have either sent you to the screen with the exclamation point and android or your phone would've rebooted normally.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is how did you root did you remember to apply bootstrap b4 booting and did you have a new copy of bootstrap?

I saw something while googling it for how to bootstrap, and I thought I saw something about deodexing, is it required?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No

I saw something while googling it for how to bootstrap, and I thought I saw something about deodexing, is it required?

DroidForums Junkie!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Deodexing is to replace look of your droid with a custom theme. You dont need a deodexed rom for rooting

OP
sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Deodexing is to replace look of your droid with a custom theme. You dont need a deodexed rom for rooting
Thank you, that was my last worry. I am about to give it another shot, i have the latest version of bootstrapper, a rooted droid x 2.3.340, am i missing anything?

doomer4life

Reaction score
Nope you should be alright I think just try to apply the bootstrap a couple times just to be on the safe side

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Just be sure that when you hit bootstrap that it asks you for Superuser permissions and you click allow. If you see "succeed" before you attempt a boot into recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk