What Data Plan do you have?

lykofos

Reaction score
Hmm...I'll give it a go and call verizon customer service tomorrow and see what happens.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unlimited... lte eats up data.. im over 1.5gb .. the most ive been in 2 years

Was over 2gb twice but that was when i was moving and didn't have home internet so i tethered my d1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lykofos

Reaction score
It is the only option...on paper. We called up verizon and got them to change it to unlimited.

Call them and tell them you were on unlimited with a feature phone and try to see if they will change it. I was in the same boat as you.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Heck ya!!! Thanks for the heads up! Just got off the phone with verizon, and I now have the $29.99 unlimited data plan! They said that since I've been a customer for awhile and did have unlimited data w/ my previous plan (even though it was a basic phone) that I could be grandfathered in.

Woohoo! No more worrying about wifi and data conservation. dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heck ya!!! Thanks for the heads up! Just got off the phone with verizon, and I now have the $29.99 unlimited data plan! They said that since I've been a customer for awhile and did have unlimited data w/ my previous plan (even though it was a basic phone) that I could be grandfathered in.

Woohoo! No more worrying about wifi and data conservation. dancedroid:icon_ banana:
Congrats. See Verizon isn't all bad....well at least their customer service isn't. That's four people on the forums alone that I've seen get their data changed from tiered to unlimited!

jamjr74

Reaction score
Unlimited! And when I upgrade in the future if I am forced to switch to a tiered plan I will have to say farewell to Verizon!

lykofos

Reaction score
Congrats. See Verizon isn't all bad....well at least their customer service isn't. That's four people on the forums alone that I've seen get their data changed from tiered to unlimited!

I can't thank you enough, you rock dude! I would have just mournfully accepted my 2GB tiered data plan if it wasn't for your post. Very glad I found this forum.

Noticed that customer service opens at 6am, so of course I called right away. The verizon rep I spoke w/ was awesome. Completely hassle free and easy process. I didn't even have to argue my case at length, which I meticulously planned out before calling just in case. Verizon definitely does have top notch customer service.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't thank you enough, you rock dude! I would have just mournfully accepted my 2GB tiered data plan if it wasn't for your post. Very glad I found this forum.

Noticed that customer service opens at 6am, so of course I called right away. The verizon rep I spoke w/ was very helpful. I explained the situation, she checked my account, and said everything is fixed now. Completely hassle free and easy. I didn't even have to argue my case, which I meticulously planned out before calling just in case. Verizon definitely does have top notch customer service.
Yeah, if you're nice to the reps and just tell them what's wrong up front, they're usually pretty good with working with you. They don't want to get yelled at by customers, they are just trying to earn their pay like everyone else.

davishusband

Reaction score
2gb is a joke, they made the internet faster than put a cap on your ass. It makes no sense! Like many others I am unlimited, glad I was grandfathered in. Keep calling and hound Verizon until they give you unlimited.

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!

droidtom

Reaction score
Whatever you do don't get the Netflix app if you dont have unlimited.
I had never really used it Till I got this phone and it Burns through the data.

I used to use 1gb or less a month. You could use that watching a movie

Last edited:

wseyller

Reaction score
Unlimited here thankfully. Normally around 5 GB usage a month. This month i'm around 8 GB with another week to go. I think its more because of the bionic, installing tons of apps and just using it alot.

OP
F

Frankie15

Reaction score
Yeah, if you're nice to the reps and just tell them what's wrong up front, they're usually pretty good with working with you. They don't want to get yelled at by customers, they are just trying to earn their pay like everyone else.

I just tried calling Verizon and I thought I was getting somewhere when she put me on hold because she saw that my previous feature phone had unlimited. Then she told me it wasn't possible to switch to unlimited. She said she tried but no luck.

Any suggestions or am I stuck with 2GB?

nalgon

Reaction score
If u need more data i would jump to sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried calling Verizon and I thought I was getting somewhere when she put me on hold because she saw that my previous feature phone had unlimited. Then she told me it wasn't possible to switch to unlimited. She said she tried but no luck.

Any suggestions or am I stuck with 2GB?
I say try again. Just hope you get a different rep. 4 of us were succesful in calling and getting our data changed on the forums alone. Who knows how many other people have.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
how are you guys using so much data damn since the netflix app came out i barly used couple hundred mbs with the netflix app i barly used 1gig.i do have the unlimited plan so im not worried if i do happen to use a lot.