What custom icons do you use?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is what I came up with, what do you think (besides the fact that I need to charge my batter)? Too much blue?

Being a true Penn State fan, I'm a big fan of BLUE!
I agree with MM1Payne it looks bad

If you folks are willing to share please direct me to the best source for these add ons.

Mike
Mike I am just using the same exact ROM you installed (how is it working by the way) with a background I found on the net, and some icons, Apps Organizer for the folders and Better Cut to change the icons and text. The icon part is easy, just unpack the icons into a folder called icons on your SD card. When you use bettercut you can open it up and change the icon, and it will automatically let you choose the folder you just created.

Thanks Matt. Everything is working just fine. Installing the BB rom really expanded my phone capabilities. I spent most of yesterday tweaking and getting things in place. I think my wife is getting tired of seeing me with the phone and computer. Oh well.

Mike

OP
M

Matth3w

Ok, I'm really starting to like making my own icons in Photoshop. :) I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im rocking the glass orb icons

CAP201001281847.jpg

OP
M

Matth3w

I wish I knew how to shrink my icons a little and make that reflection.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, now as much as I love the fact that icons by default are different shapes and sizes (unlike that other phone where they are all the same, so all screens look the same) but now that I've installed BB1.1, I'm wondering if there's any icons "packages" that can be applied and tried.

Last edited:

eNonsense

Reaction score
I found this website, which seems like the holy grail for anyone using Better Cut for icons.

Royalty Free Icons & Clipart Stock Images ~ Icons Etc.

The problem I'm having though is that the backgrounds don't stay transparent once they're on my phone. I haven't messed with it much though. Also, there's usually too much extra space around the icons so you'd probably want to crop it out so the icons aren't tiny. If anyone gets these too look right on your phone, please explain how you did it.

Riley

Reaction score
Some nice setups there. I'm working with the Glass Orb pack so far, but checking out all the iBox ones too. I'm going cross eyed customizing today!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Some nice setups there. I'm working with the Glass Orb pack so far, but checking out all the iBox ones too. I'm going cross eyed customizing today!

I'm trying to decide where/how to start...Lol. Ever since I rooted (not too long ago), I can't get enough of changing things that I previously just kinda ignored/dealt with...Haha!

Riley

Reaction score

I'm trying to decide where/how to start...Lol. Ever since I rooted (not too long ago), I can't get enough of changing things that I previously just kinda ignored/dealt with...Haha!

:) I'm not even rooted. I am just using stuff from the market like BetterCut and GDE and themes etc. :icon_ banana: