What custom icons do you use?

OP
M

Matth3w

How do I apply a metamorph theme? Just download the app from market and what?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How do I apply a metamorph theme? Just download the app from market and what?

Then you download a theme. Should be in .zip format. Put that zip in the "AndroidThemes" fold that Metamorph created.

Open Metamorph and select "pick theme"

Select the zip file of the theme you want to apply.

It will then extract the files.

To apply it, click "existing theme"

Select the them you're trying to apply, and then find the proper file. The file with the metamorph logo (green M) is the file you need to select.

After selecting that file, it will show you what individual components you can apply the theme to "gmail, calendar, etc."

You can select one at a time to apply, or you can select apply all to put the entire theme on.

framework-res will change things like status bar and etc. It's the only part that requires a reboot, but metamorph will detect if you install it and ask you if you want to reboot.

Make sure the theme you want to install is compatible with the rom you're using...Otherwise not everything (If anything) will be themed...AND other issues may arise.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP
M

Matth3w

Ok, I got an error saying I either didn't have enough memory in my system folder or busybox is not installed. BB is installed because I use it with Titanium Backup. System says 31.18MB free, how do I free up space in the system folder? I have like 109MB free and maybe only 30-40 apps.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Bet it's the same issue I had with BB.

Open up a terminal (adb shell or terminal on your phone, there are several on the market) and type the following:

Code:
su
chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox

I bet that fixes it. Try MetaMorph after that and see if it works.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got an error saying I either didn't have enough memory in my system folder or busybox is not installed. BB is installed because I use it with Titanium Backup. System says 31.18MB free, how do I free up space in the system folder? I have like 109MB free and maybe only 30-40 apps.

I ran into this too. It's not the space issue, it's the location of BB. Using the directions you provided (thanks BTW) I installed BB 1.1 and it put busybox in the /system/xbin folder. However, metamorph looks for it in the /system/bin folder.

Copy and paste the busybox file in to the /system/bin folder then it should work fine.

OP
M

Matth3w

Ok I had to revert to a prev nandroid backup and had to reinstall mm. I moved the busybox filefrom xbin to bin again but this time it didn't work...wtf...same error saying bb isn't installled

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Bet it's the same issue I had with BB.

Open up a terminal (adb shell or terminal on your phone, there are several on the market) and type the following:

Code:
su
chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox

I bet that fixes it. Try MetaMorph after that and see if it works.

^^ Try that this time. busybox doesn't need to be in /system/bin for MM to pick it up, it will still work in /system/xbin

OP
M

Matth3w

The original one that I tried with just moving the files. It didn't work....then I rebooted...still didn't work....moved the files and overwrote the same exact files (why the hell that mattered I have no idea) and rebooted and it worked.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The original one that I tried with just moving the files. It didn't work....then I rebooted...still didn't work....moved the files and overwrote the same exact files (why the hell that mattered I have no idea) and rebooted and it worked.

Well my friend, chalk this one up to what we at PSU called an "computer anomaly". That was geek speak for "we have no idea":)

Mike