What can I do with a Droid without service?

COBug

Reaction score
Wow. Paper weight, that's harsh.

My friend gets a lot of mileage out of his father's throwaway jailbroken 3GS using it as his dumbphone and, apparently, you can selectively disable data/3G on iPhones and the folks at AT&T aren't that drastic requiring folks to get data just based on phone model possessed. Since I'm leaving Big Red in November, I'm interested if use of WiFi, exclusively, was possible. I figure that if I don't have a plan with them, I should be in the clear. Figure I'll use it as a ultramini tab while hanging with whatever Dual core device Sprint offers.

billyidle

Reaction score
You can do anything a Droid with cell service can do except calling/texting.

Last edited:

COBug

Reaction score
Both answers are sweet. Can't wait to use this badboy to listen to music and hold the trigger on the gas pump.

sudulgidy

Reaction score
I think you can still send texts if you have a Google voice account with the use of wifi.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

smokiedabong

Reaction score
As the TB release is approaching , I was thinking what to do with my Droid . So I decided to pull a micro-USB cable up to the middle of the wall , stick the Droid over there with it's keyboard open in desk clock mode and have one fancy wall clock .

skruid

Reaction score
Ipod only its the android version plus you can still use wiring for internet

skruid

Reaction score
I meant wifi for internet, damn spell check lol

Jeyman

Reaction score
dim everything and do as much to keep it as a MP3 player with games. I plan to use it as my main player/USB drive once I get my evo in a week.

DebDroid

Reaction score
I HAVE noticed that....but my boyfriend gets all the offers. I am the primary line but he gets all the offers. :mad:

hondachris

Reaction score
Backountry pro lets you download maps to phone. so i use it as a topo map on hikes.