What button combo do you push to access clockwork recovery ?

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I used the clockwork app to do a backup of my new Droid2. After I did the backup it rebooted and got stuck at the "M". Now I am stuck and have never manually booted into the clockwork recovery screen?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
If droid 2 is the same as droid 1 u hold the power button and x while turning it on

OP
droidzforlife

droidzforlife

Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
That is what I am finding out. I am just confused because shouldnt pushing x and power bring me to clockwork recovery not the other recovery that seems to be the stock one ?

OP
droidzforlife

droidzforlife

Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
hmm... Ok well it now seems that even pressing x and power or up and power doesnt do anything, when earlier tonight I could atleast access those menu's. Crap man does this mean I already bricked my D2 ?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
no u can still use an sbf. If you cant get into recovery then u might not have any battery left maybe try using someone else's battery and if that works u can sbf.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Re-post this in the rescue squad forum, I am sure someone there will fix this without the sbf thing. The only thing you said that prevents me from offering advice is that you said
"clock work app". I use Droid 2 bootstrap and am not sure if you are referring the same thing.

OP
droidzforlife

droidzforlife

Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Solved...

Re-post this in the rescue squad forum, I am sure someone there will fix this without the sbf thing. The only thing you said that prevents me from offering advice is that you said
"clock work app". I use Droid 2 bootstrap and am not sure if you are referring the same thing.

I was referring to the only app I related to clockwork, "ROM Manager". Since I just got the Droid 2 and previously had a MT3G. The MyTouch didn't need a bootstrap so that was the only Koush application I knew of till now....

So anyhow I figured out how to boot into clockwork-recovery from a battery pull... People were telling me to press power and x, but this would only bring me to the stock recovery menu. So this would not do any good if you had to do a battery pull and your phone would not boot up. :icon_ banana:
So anyway for my phone all you need to do is push and hold the power button all by itself until you see the boot logo and then release it and wait... This should bring all droid 2's to whatever custom recovery you are using. dancedroid

For awhile there I thought that the only way was from your booted up phone using the Koush bootstrap...