What are the read / write speeds of the 32gb internal memory of our nexus'?

J. Dub

Reaction score
I realized today that my nexus doesn't have a slot for a memory card. (I know, I'm a bit slow)
That said, how does the read/write speeds compare to say a class 10 micro SD card? (a real class 10 not a knockoff ebay one)
Thanks in advance.

I just ran a test in Antutu and got 7.6MB/s write, and 28.9MB/s read. So it may be a class 6.

If you're on a pc it reads as an MTP device, so the transfer rates are slower than a traditional usb connection.

I don't know how fast exactly the speed is as I have been using AirDroid for quite awhile now.

Performance with each Class 10 sdcard varies some.
I also ran Antutu benchmark on my Nexus and got 13.3 MB/s write, 30.6 MB/s read. :D
So faster that Class 10 requirements.

Performance with each Class 10 sdcard varies some.
I also ran Antutu benchmark on my Nexus and got 13.3 MB/s write, 30.6 MB/s read. :D
So faster that Class 10 requirements.

Right, there are tons of variables that can come into play with things. Class 10 just means that the minimum speed should be 10MB/s. Of course there are instances, where a card may not hit that as well.

I would think the reason you have faster write speeds would be due to a tweak your kernel or ROM include that what I am running doesn't. Also, there is the possibility that Antutu's sdcard benchmark isn't very accurate.

If you're on a pc it reads as an MTP device, so the transfer rates are slower than a traditional usb connection.

I don't know how fast exactly the speed is as I have been using AirDroid for quite awhile now.

AirDroid is the best way to move files for sure! *Hey redstar, nice sig man! :)

I do believe that it is using Asynchronous MLC NAND Flash chips, but unlike solid state drives using the same chips (OCZ Vertex/Agility series and Corsair Force3 (not ForceGT) are some of the more popular drives using that type of Flash), the phone does not have a controller chip "directing traffic", nor does it have the 8 bidirectional lanes, TRIM/Garbage Collection, etc. So THEORETICALLY they should max out at around 48MB/s Read/Write including any encoding overhead.

Back