What are shotguns used for?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use mine to blow away useless networking equipment. Haven't missed yet...lol

Sent from my DROIDX

LOL. Back in the day. A had a client that took his old POS Packard Bell out back of his house and shot it to bits with his 12 gauge. (Note he lived out in the county and had a large plat of land so he could do this without risk of anyone getting hurt or even knowing that he was doing it.)

That's why I love the country. I can pretty much do whatever I want to and nobody bothers me

CM74DX

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
So let's say I took a 12 gauge and stood 5ft behind a door and shot, how would the door look?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

speedfreeq

Reaction score
So let's say I took a 12 gauge and stood 5ft behind a door and shot, how would the door look?

Depends on a few things: barrel length, size of shot, etc. From 5 feet, there would most likely be a 6-8 inch hole in the door, with a rough edge from the scatter pattern of the lead shot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

speedfreeq

Reaction score
I think I've found my next handgun:
01.jpg

It is teh sex!

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Depends on a few things: barrel length, size of shot, etc. From 5 feet, there would most likely be a 6-8 inch hole in the door, with a rough edge from the scatter pattern of the lead shot.

All that and also depends greatly on if you have or use any modified choke...

*Yup just flashed that one too!*

tuffD1

Reaction score

Solid wood door? Buckshot- look like swiss cheese, Slug- look like large peep hole, dragon breath- look like ashes, fragmentation round- look like tooth picks.

Sent from my beat up DROID

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to add a story that I haven't thought of in decades.

I grew up in west Baltimore County (near Security Mall) in the 80s before there was any development (and crime) to speak of. At the time there were still HUGE farms separating the local neighborhoods. The only way from one neighborhood to another was to cross cow/horse fields or walk around them. Some land owners didn't care if local kids crossed through, but there was one guy in particular who HATED it.

We'd cut through either on foot or on our bikes, and he'd break out his shotgun loaded with rock salt and let 'em fly. The first one of my friends to get pegged was Sean. The first thing he shouted when he got shot right in the --- as he climbed over the fence was "AHHHH! My Mom's gonna kill me duuuude!!!". He then proceeded to wail like a banshee as we dragged him away to safety and a nice deep creek to wash out the salt. You would have thought that he got chopped in half. Of course, we were only 13-14 at the time.

We never stopped cutting through his property.

I grew up in the country and had a neighbor like that, I never got tagged but my best friend did, it doesn't kill you, but feels like out does.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
If you're not recoil sensitive, try .40 S&W.
(I also have a compact version and it kicks like a mule! That small grip makes it interesting.)

Flat like a 9mm but hits hard like .45 ACP.

That's why I love Glocks in any barrel length any caliber.
Though that Beretta does look sweet, Storm isn't it?

It's all about preference, someone said get to a range that rents pistols, it's really the way to go.
An afternoon of safe shooting will show you alot.
For example, a .50 Desert Eagle is just plain silly, nobody, I repeat nobody needs a .50 cal pistol!
Except when a 900lb charging brown bear comes around a corner.

Last edited:
OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
If you're not recoil sensitive, try .40 S&W.
(I also have a compact version and it kicks like a mule! That small grip makes it interesting.)

Flat like a 9mm but hits hard like .45 ACP.

That's why I love Glocks in any barrel length any caliber.
Though that Beretta does look sweet, Storm isn't it?

It's all about preference, someone said get to a range that rents pistols, it's really the way to go.
An afternoon of safe shooting will show you alot.
For example, a .50 Desert Eagle is just plain silly, nobody, I repeat nobody needs a .50 cal pistol!
Except when a 900lb charging brown bear comes around a corner.

That brings us back to the beginning, a shotgun would be better suited to take down a brown bear if you shot at the right time