What are shotguns used for?

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Snipers are used in the military, so are assault, pistols are protection and police and other rifles are used for hunting. But what are shotguns used for? I know they are used for clay and competition shooting but anything else really?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

droid doctor

Reaction score
In the military and police they would be used for close combat operations.

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I was also thinking that, but then I thought I can't imagine police blowing off bodies, military use is probable in my mind though.

xtremeosiris

Reaction score
In the Coast Guard we use them for diasabling fire. Aim at a boats outboard engines and shoot a slug through them.

Can also shoot bean bag or rubber rounds out of them for a less lethal option in crowd control.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

markgam

Reaction score
Snipers are used in the military, so are assault, pistols are protection and police and other rifles are used for hunting. But what are shotguns used for? I know they are used for clay and competition shooting but anything else really?

sheer intimidation!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I use mine for duck hunting. People get scared when you bring out an AK47.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Cat trimming of course!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

mamawm

Reaction score
they work really good for taking care of rattlesnakes and copperheads, etc.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Originally used for hunting small game when loaded with buckshot(I guess). Then from there, people tried and found it very useful in many different ways(hunting,riot control,CQB,home defense). Basically, if you want to knock *something down at close range w/out worrying about *something getting back up, use a shotgun.

Sent from my beat up Droid

stoddern

Reaction score
Buck shot is for deer hence the buck, there is also bird shot but the bb's come in different sizes depending on use as well as slugs for moose and bear and other large game and different size shotguns for different uses like a 410 for tiny birds, a 12 gage can be loaded with dimes for a nasty effect aswell as be used as a molitov cocktail launcher or be loaded with rock salt for a nasty sting on a trespasser

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Buck shot is for deer hence the buck, there is also bird shot but the bb's come in different sizes depending on use as well as slugs for moose and bear and other large game and different size shotguns for different uses like a 410 for tiny birds, a 12 gage can be loaded with dimes for a nasty effect aswell as be used as a molitov cocktail launcher or be loaded with rock salt for a nasty sting on a trespasser

Buck shot is not for deer! Deer slugs are for deer! Buck shot is used mostly for self defense.

Dimes! Ewwwwew, that'll leave a mark! Always wanted to try that,,,,

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Theres a shotgun app where if u cock back your phone then snap it forward makes the gun sound... few guns in the market.

The More You Know...

stoddern

Reaction score
Dimes work best if you can get the old paper rounds rather then the new plastic ones but yeah like a bunch of small saw blades tumbling through the air, my dad did it once when I was in my teens cause of the movie young guns and from around 15 feet away it Damn near cut a half inch thick sheet of plywood in half and destroyed the cinder blocks holding it up

magman

Reaction score

Lol I got some rock salt loads made up for my 12g riot gun now very low recoil for the shooter very intense pain for the receiver
To the op the shotgun is a very versatile gun I shoot long range rifle mostly but know my way around a shotgun and many other weapons as well and the shotgun is a great gun for someone to have just the sound of racking a round in a pump action is enough to make alot of ppl give up.
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums