What Apple App Store apps do you want for your Droid?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The apps for the android software are here at AndroLib. But Apple's app store has a bunch more.. Granted, 90% of them are completely useless, and there are equivalent ones at AndroLib for the ones that are actually helpful.

But you know there are some fun ones on the Apple app store that are pretty cool.. For example, I really really really really really want a [video=youtube;oMrVc4dYdQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMrVc4dYdQ4"]lightsaber app[/video] for my Droid.

Anybody else have a useless app that you use all the time on your iPhone or iPod Touch that you can't live without?

grumpy

Reaction score
I would like to see blowfish and toy story mania. Great way to waste time on a plane :)

Last edited:

kmc1828

Reaction score
i went to the android market and they already have my weather channel app. i love android already :D

joegrind

Reaction score
I'm not sure if my bank is working on it, but USAA has an app that allows you to take a picture of a check with your iPhone and it's deposited into your account. THAT is amazing. I want that!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if the iphone has it but android does have a barcode scanner, so I would imagine it's not too far away from that, but none the less is quite awesome. I would care more if I had anything more then like 15 checks a year to deposit.

pwo

Reaction score
Usaa

Log onto usaa.com and search android. They are working on it and should have the app out by Jan 2010. We will see probably more like, March 2010.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am addicted to them game "Doodlejump" on the iPhone and would love to see it available for the Droid. I would also like an app similar to "Airmouse" that allows you to use the phone like a wireless mouse to control my Macbook Pro.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
As far as pointless apps, the zippo lighter application is already available, and I'd like to see the xray and beer applications available too. There are a lot of stupid apps on the iPhone that I'd like to have access to just because.

I really hope someone creates a REAL flashlight app that utilizes the dual LED flash instead of keeping the screen on. Otherwise, why bother?

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as pointless apps, the zippo lighter application is already available, and I'd like to see the xray and beer applications available too. There are a lot of stupid apps on the iPhone that I'd like to have access to just because.

I really hope someone creates a REAL flashlight app that utilizes the dual LED flash instead of keeping the screen on. Otherwise, why bother?

On my blackberry, you can change the settings in camcorder mode to have the flash always on. That way you just set a shortcut to camcorder and you have instant blinding light. I'm sure this will be an option on the Droid as well. Or at least I hope so!