Went from Droid Turbo to Z2Play to Pixel2XL....

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last day of my Z2 experiment (nice phone). Very similar to my Turbo, Bigger phone, not a bigger screen.
Amazing battery. So, with some help from "Michael" very very helpful (restoring my faith) - Last day I made the switch.
Just got done with activation. Seems like a nice phone. smooth, fast, Not much bigger than my Turbo but more screen.
Finger print reader ehhh....we'll see. Z2 had one too. Different position. I guess security matters these days.
The squeeze function seems promising if nothing else I'll get a forearm workout....Hey, I'm claiming that as workout time.
Anybody knows of any Gee-whiz tricks I'm all ears...

I went with it because Google is pretty much what I use, it's supposedly just a clean android experience (my first I guess) and the Update chase was never my favorite sport. so this is supposed to negate that irritation.

So... here goes.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I still love my turbo's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Turbo was great. A good friend still has his, years after I recommended it to him. Good luck with your Pixel Captain.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now if I can just figure out why my "Wife" of all people shows up in text as her phone # and Not her name?

Any ideas?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Now if I can just figure out why my "Wife" of all people shows up in text as her phone # and Not her name?

Any ideas?

Are your contacts sync usually I see that before the account uploads all the contacts

iPhone X

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just installed a Spigen case and a amfilm curved glass SP. solved the contact issue...
Nice phone. Now if I can just get people with Lifeproof cases to stop calling me and making me paranoid about how bad my phone sounds on calls o_O

I think this phone does things I don't know about (yet) and may not remember even after I read about them lol.

I read about the 3 coming out. No regrets, have not seen anything that makes me say Dang I need that!. Still could care less about wireless charging.
Don't need a better camera and as far as fast goes..... this processor does fine.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
This is what we s wrong with America. Dang it, you need a 2.6 processor because your 2.5 gigahertz one is slow. You need a bigger screen....well....just because. Half of the neato crap these phones have get forgotten a week later. The phone industry will suffer the same fate as the computer business.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We shared this Cracked commercial a while back in a different thread. But it's funny and kind of applies here. It's a comical look at how phone companies try and lure us into a new phone each year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Possibly Too Funny .......:D. We buy these pocket boxes for (you got it) about $850 and croon over how pretty they are and how high grade the look and feel of the materials are and then we rush to get the boxes that arrived (possibly before) the pocket box arrived and then meticulously ensconce them in all matters of crash proof/drop proof/water&dust proof armament the process executed in Laboratory clean-room conditions.....a one micron dust particle incursion results in "mission Failure". The Dog runs and the Cat hides - the evil genius plunged into uncontrolled rage as the obvious foreign particle is now permanently encased under it's glass shield like a 230,000 year old bug in amber. OMG the injustice!!
To stare at this "bubble" until the next better pocket box comes out in a few months - and the cycle repeats.

Last edited:

JDH

Reaction score
Like a good horse, I'll keep my 2.7 GH turbo till it can no longer get up and ride. bought 10/30/14 , new battery May 2018, Yah!

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I'm enjoying my first day with the Pixel 2 XL. I retired my original Z Force Droid and Mods. The grandkids will have fun with the projector mod.