Well it's January 11....

lumpysherman

Reaction score
As a former storm owner there is no use speculating on it, VZW will release when they are good and ready. You can always load the 2.1 leak.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I don't know guys. I really believe they're going to keep 2.1 exclusive to the N1 (Google's flagship phone) for more than a couple weeks. I think the 22nd will yield only the updates listed in the spec sheet that was released last year. We might not see it on the Droid (Verizon's flagship phone) until shortly before the CDMA-capable N1 is about to be released. I'm usually "the glass is half full" type, but I guess I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

fuzzyb3

Reaction score
Mine just updated, it was NOT 2.0/2.1
I now have software version 1.17.605.1, firmware is still 1.5

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know guys. I really believe they're going to keep 2.1 exclusive to the N1 (Google's flagship phone) for more than a couple weeks. I think the 22nd will yield only the updates listed in the spec sheet that was released last year. We might not see it on the Droid (Verizon's flagship phone) until shortly before the CDMA-capable N1 is about to be released. I'm usually "the glass is half full" type, but I guess I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

I don't think they'll sit on the 2.l release to the Droid.... would create a bad public image. Just my opinion though.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm fine waiting for it now.

There is a very large connectivity problem with the Nexus that MAY be software or possibly hardware. If it turns out to be a firmware issue I do not want a device that can't hold a solid signal and 3g connectivity.

Not to mention there are reports on our sister site about the bottom 4 buttons being innacurate when trying to select them and some other screen issues.

I'm happy with a perfectly working device and do not want to go down the buggy path again .

RIM gave me my fair share of buggy OS's I'm done with that : )

Silver Member
Reaction score

There is a very large connectivity problem with the Nexus that MAY be software or possibly hardware. If it turns out to be a firmware issue I do not want a device that can't hold a solid signal and 3g connectivity.

Not to mention there are reports on our sister site about the bottom 4 buttons being innacurate when trying to select them and some other screen issues.

I'm happy with a perfectly working device and do not want to go down the buggy path again .

my work neighbor picked up the nexus one. i'll keep an eye out on his connectivity issues. my thoughts are he'll be using WiFi more anyway.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yup, had my share with the Storm. I'm very content with my working device :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree 100% with you. Keep that buggy OS to the Storm or Storm2. I'll take my beautiful Droid :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have 2 Storms sitting here at the house waiting for a sucker...I mean buyer :)