Welcome to the Motorola Xoom Forum!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the announcement of the Motorola Android Tablet hoping coming next week at CES, it's time for a new section dedicated to the Motorola Xoom!

Anyone thinking about making this tablet their next purchase?

dasanman69

Reaction score
Count me in. Although I'll probably wait to hear of any bugs. Can't wait to see it rooted and ROM'd.

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Can't wait to get one!!!

I had an Ipad and really liked it, then I got a Droid X and focused most of my attention on it. I finally gave the Ipad to my daughter permanently. But now I kind of miss that form factor. The Ipad had a lot of good stuff, but it also had a bunch of limitations. I really like the Android OS. I have a bunch of widgets I use and a lot of other good stuff. The Xoom should be a wonderful product. I am particularly interested in the video calling. Skype just came out with a mobile video app for the Iphone and they have hinted that the Android version should not be far behind. I am impressed with Motorola. Their stuff works. I particularly liked when they were quick to update their Droid X when a few glitches appeared. Apple is very slow to update anything. No word on whether the battery in the Xoom will be user replaceable. It is kind of dumb to have to return the Ipad to Apple, then have them send you another one for $99, just to get the battery replaced. Hope Motorola addresses this.

PS. Thanks to DAN for creating this forum!!!!!

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Remember when an Iphone prototype was found in a bar?

I had a little fun and dropped this onto another forum, just for grins and to see if anyone got it!!

" Motorola Tablet accidentally left in bar"

It was found on the bar, right in front of an Engadget photographer and an Ifixit tear down guy!!! Unbelievable. We'll have all the details soon!!!!

RoNYC

Reaction score
This is definitely on my "I WANT LIST". Hope it will be under $500. Anything over that would be hard to justify.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If we are making guesses on pricing I am gonna guess 700. And I will not buy it unless it is under 400...i'll just go buy an archos.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Wi Fi or not??

The specs certainly seem to indicate that the Xoom will connect with either 3G or Wifi. I certainly hope it acts like the Ipad which defaults to Wifi when it senses a connection and when it doesn't, it goes to 3G, just like the Droid also. If there is not WiFi, there is no sale for me.

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Accessories on Motorola website

The accessories are shown on the Moto site, including Docks, and Portfolios.

Ellectronico

Reaction score
I hope the price isn't to bad. $500 would be acceptable. This thing Looks Sweet.
This is a Vanilla Android device Isn't it?

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Wi Fi update

Motorola has responded to me in an email that the Xoom will be capable of internet connection using wifi.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only type of tablet I want is a wifi only tablet. Who wants to pay an extra data fee on top of a phone data fee

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Why it was a question

Sonjay Jha did not mention wifi at all in his Xoom presentation and the Galaxy tab was launched without wifi on Verizon. This is why the question was asked.

stevebucknor1

Reaction score
I got a Droid X and focused most of my attention on it. I finally gave the Ipad to my daughter permanently. But now I kind of miss that form factor. The Ipad had a lot of good stuff, but it also had a bunch of limitations. I really like t. The Android OS. I have a bunch of widgets I use and a lot of other good stuff. It is really amazing and outstanding.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only type of tablet I want is a wifi only tablet. Who wants to pay an extra data fee on top of a phone data fee

^+1
Especially with so many of the newly announced devices having (or likely to have) 'hot spot' capabilities. I would venture to say that 99.9% of the time I would 'use' a tablet I would be where I know I have wi-fi (home, work ect.). Worse case most of these have usb ports so I could just tether (not that I advocate that:wink:)