Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

If this wasn't my main phone I would try it but without a known way to unbrick these devices I'm not sure I want to try this, but let me know if you do try it and how it works out.

If this wasn't my main phone I would try it but without a known way to unbrick these devices I'm not sure I want to try this, but let me know if you do try it and how it works out.

You can recover from a Soft Brick from the link below, but I can understand your concern. I am due to receive mine today, after rooting I will see about what else can be done. I am just hoping someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader, then we can have some fun.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg-spectrum-2/232208-rooting-lg-spectrum-2-essential-tips-tricks.html#post2346847

I'm going to look around this weekend about the 2nd init recovery for the LTE2, if I have time. I am going to look at the Droid X source for thier 2nd INIT bootstrap. I still have my Droid X. I will also clear my Rezound build box and pull the LTE2 CM10 code from github to see if it's compatilble. I'm not a programmer by any means but this phone needs to get some love. I see that Neph is a good guy to talk to about this phone. Is there any other LG guys that we could talk to? Someone that is up for a challenge.

Alright. I did find the 2nd init bootstrap to recovery. The guy who did all the work is 95hPaKicK. Seems like this guy is very busy. He's a Korean dev that has a lot of phones. He setup a github with his work. Just go to github and look up his work. He does have a stable CM10 for the LTE2, the Korean version of the Spectrum 2. I did take a peek at the code. I'm not a 100% percent if it would work. This is my first LG smartphone, so I'm not sure the compatiblity with the US\foreign couterparts. I did load up the bootstrap recovery. It is same bootstrap program as the Droid X. It does say Success when I had it flash the recovery. It does reboot but I get a black screen. This could be happening since I grabbed the recovery from a thread for the Motion 4g. I was able to reboot the phone by hitting the power button twice, so something is there lurking in the dark. I did PM 985hPaKick at XDA but he has not been logged in since Nov. Hopefully he will pop in over there and shoot me a message. I may have some time to tomorrow to look at more but I may be hitting my limit also. Let's hope for the best with this phone.

I am having issues with my build box. I am going to re-do it tonight if I have time. If not, I can remote into my computer Monday from work and see what else I can do to get the recovery to work. If anyone wants to look at what I found, here is the link:

MSM8960-common
LTE2 CM10 code

I also attached the bootstrap recovery for the LTE2. I won't have time to decompile but I should when I am at work.

View attachment lte2recovery.zip

Like I said before, I am no programmer by any means, but I like to tinker. Maybe this will attract some attention to real devs and we can have something.

I would love for someone to list the names of the apps they have been able to freeze and or remove. I am trying to get this unit down to the bare nothing and have soft bricked 3 times now as well as had to do two resets. And now all of a sudden I can not get Google contacts to sync, love and hate these learn by burned trials. :)

I was able to remove all the verizon crapware with root uninstaller without any issues and I too was having an issue with getting google contacts to sync to another new phone but just gave up eventually and brought it to a vzw store to have them sync the new phone.

Asianflavor please keep us posted on your progress I know I would really like to at least get some method working of getting custom ROMS on this phone, wish I could be of more help but I have little knowledge in this area.

Micrors4 thanks. Every little bit helps. I know the right way to remove the apps would be do a single one at a time, but I am just too eager to get this thing stripped down. I can not wait till the bootloader gets unlocked, though I do not really see a community building yet for this unit. Dare I even wish for Jelly Bean.

Use the ability to disable the apps in apps info menu. This is a standard in ICS. You won't soft brick doing this. I will redo my build box during work. That's the only free time I get during the week.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Use the ability to disable the apps in apps info menu. This is a standard in ICS. You won't soft brick doing this. I will redo my build box during work. That's the only free time I get during the week.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah done that, thanks though. I want to strip this down to the very bare bones and get all unnecessary software off the unit, not just the Amazon and Verizon bloatware.

Yeah done that, thanks though. I want to strip this down to the very bare bones and get all unnecessary software off the unit, not just the Amazon and Verizon bloatware.

No problem. And I just had my first scare of this phone. Was going to bed after replying to my last post, and my curiosity was getting to me. Did a quick look and saw that the Optimus 4x has a bootstrap recovery. Long story short, the CAB file for this phone can repair recovery bricks. Glad to know. Good night... /wiping sweat off my face.

No problem. And I just had my first scare of this phone. Was going to bed after replying to my last post, and my curiosity was getting to me. Did a quick look and saw that the Optimus 4x has a bootstrap recovery. Long story short, the CAB file for this phone can repair recovery bricks. Glad to know. Good night... /wiping sweat off my face.

Yes it was that Cab file that saved my back end after I bricked the unit the first time and each time since.

Alright. From what I have checked out, it seems that LTE2recovery is working. Except that it shows nothing on the screen. From what I found, it seems that it has CWM version 5.0.2.7. I am trying to see if I can run a backup but I can't remember the steps. Until I get home and load up CWM on one of my other phones to get the steps or someone can post the steps to do a backup with CWM (Used TWRP for my Rezound, that why I can't remember the steps.). If that is the issue, this is beyond my knowledge. The LTE2 recovery should work from what I looked at with the APK uncompressed.

Back