Welcome to the Amazon Echo Forum!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to another addition of DroidForums.net dedicated to the Amazon Echo!

WHAT IS AMAZON ECHO?
Amazon Echo is designed around your voice. It's always on—just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Echo begins working as soon as it hears you say the wake word, "Alexa." It's also an expertly-tuned speaker that can fill any room with immersive sound.

amazon-echo.png

Rich Brown

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
oneplus one
If you were to define what a "smart radio" would look like, what would be your definition?

I think perhaps it would be a radio that can turn to almost any radio station in the country by the use of your voice commands. It might be one that can also play a specific type of music that you request. It would be one that, again by by voice command, can adjust the volume to exactly the level you want. It would maintain news and weather info. for you to call up on demand. And it would allow you to set alarms--once again, by voice command.

That's what Amazon Echo is. Don't buy into all the hype about Echo being a "virtual assistant." It can do a bit of that as well....but Amazon is missing the boat by not promoting this for what it is. It is a nearly PERFECT example of what "Smart Radio" should look like. It performs the tasks above well, and the sound is just amazing. In addition, it can answer a lot of questions about history, science, contemporary events, and measurements. But who' s to say that a "smart radio" shouldn't also be able to do that? As long as you enter into the purchase thinking of Amazon in this way--a sensational radio for the Internet age--you're going to love it.

biglilome

Reaction score
That's a good way to look at it - I was sort of wondering if it was worth it, myself. Sort of feels like Siri embodied in a huge speaker but a "smart radio" makes mores sense