weird start up after 2 part 602 update

jeff5347

Reaction score
I updated the x a few days ago with the TBH 2 part 602 update (.304-602). Everything went fine in install and and advanced restore for data only. My question is if this is happening to anyone. If i shut my phone off or as today it died (i didnt have anything to charge it with at the time) then i charged it, it will boot up showing the M logo and then go directly to the CWR mod screen just like if i went to the droid2bootstrapper and booted recovery. I just hit "reboot system now" and and it boots up fine. Other times it will boot up normal without going in the CWR mod screen. Anyone else have this happen and know why it is doing it and what to do to fix it?

Leung

Reaction score
I have the same update but i haven't seen that happen yet. I just noticed my first problem the other day, it'll just randomly reboot itself while i'm using any app like my camera or this zombie game i downloaded off the market.

milski65

Reaction score
Out of curiosity why did you do an advance restore of data only? I have one X on 596 and one on 602. The 596 does the cwr, but not the 602 as of yet. I've seen some people say it's a safety mode for it to go there, but I'm not really sure about that one. I have not found a way to rectify it yet. Leung, does it reboot or fc? Haven't heard that one yet. You wiped/factory resetted before installing 602?

Leung

Reaction score
Yes I did. I sbf'd back to stock froyo and then did the two part 596 install. I haven't had a problem with it rebooting since downgrading last night.

When I say reboot, it just freezes for a second, flash the word DROID and then the red eye comes up.

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Were you plugged into a charger when it powered up into CWR? My phone has done that on every os since I rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums