Weird Spots on Screen ??!

eliz630

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for about 2.5 wks and I absolutly love it! Then, a few days ago I noticed some strange marks on my screen. There are 2, about the size of a pencil eraser. They are in the mid to upper right corner. Basically, if im on a screen with any color, I can't see them; but if im on a white screen, they look almost a very very pale blue when I look at them straight on, or if I tilt the screen, the look bright white.

First thing I did when I noticed it was remove the screen protector and clean the screen... that didn't help. I have not gotten the phone wet. I have not dropped it or anything, although I was at a cookout the day before I noticed this, and I took my phone out of my pocket before going outside. When we came back in later, it was on the floor. It was in its case (the 3 piece one they sell at Verizon that has a raised design on it) and had not been removed. Now im wondering if someone knocked it on the floor or stepped on it :( the marks are not horribly noticeable, but its kind of driving me crazy because I have tried to baby this phone since I just got it and it has to last 2 years!
I adjusted the display brightness a bit and they sort of helped a tiny bit, but other than that I have no idea what I can do!
If anyone know what could have happened to cause this issue, or how I could fix it, I would love to know!!!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like this is more of a hardware issue than a fixable software issue if this only started happening after you found it on the floor...sorry to give you the bad news...insurance by any chance?

OP
E

eliz630

Reaction score
Sounds like this is more of a hardware issue than a fixable software issue if this only started happening after you found it on the floor...sorry to give you the bad news...insurance by any chance?

That's what I was afraid of :(
I do have insurance, but I would hate to end up with a phone in worse condition than the one I have. I had that issue with Verizon before, I went through 4 or 5 moto Q's in a few months, back a few years ago. Eventually they gave me a Blackberry.

Im guessing it must have gotten stepped on. I guess the cat knocked it off the coffee table, and then somebody didn't see it. Because I cant honestly imagine a 2 foot fall onto carpet while in a case + holder thing causing screen damage. So, I guess I probably came out pretty good since this is the only damage!

I will probably just try to ignore it and hope it doesn't get any worse...

Cookie

Reaction score
Hello, I have been having this problem too!!! Its been less than a month that I got my droid x, when I ordered my phone it was ok, 2 weeks later I notice a tiny little blue spot, dosnt really notice it but since I knew it was there it bug me. I took it in to the Verizon store, they exchange it. Today I notice on my new replacement phone with also less than 2 weeks the same problem!! But now a red spot. Did the same, took it in, they refuse to exchange it! Im just wondering, less than 2 weeks, imagine how is going to be in 3 months, 1 year? It might no even get there! Dont know what to do...:icon_ nono2: