Weird Screen Problem

iamloco724

Reaction score
Weird Screen Problem (video included)

all the sudden im having this weird problem my screen is off then randomly turns its self on and it keeps switching orientation by its self i pulled battery and still doing it i also turned off automatic orientation [video=youtube;E_L8M7DVMww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_L8M7DVMww[/video] the video shows at first the orientation problem then it shows me turning off the screen then ti coming back by its self

Last edited:

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I would start heading to the verizon store. It is possible that a factory reset will fix it but I have my doubts.

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
unfortunately thats what i was thinking im going to let it sit overnight and if i still notice it tomorrow going to try the reset and see what happens ive never had to go to verizon with a problem with the phone how does that work i got it shortly after it was available online last month i dont have insurance on it and i used my moms upgrade activated on her line then switched to mine

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
I had this problem before too. I think that my phone had gotten too much heat and direct sunlight.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
I had this problem before too. I think that my phone had gotten too much heat and direct sunlight. Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
and what did you wind up doing cause this did start after being out in the sun and it got fairly warm the phone

akhi216

Reaction score
and what did you wind up doing cause this did start after being out in the sun and it got fairly warm the phone

Well, I didn't use it for a while. After I took the phone to cooler conditions, the problems went away.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
Well, I didn't use it for a while. After I took the phone to cooler conditions, the problems went away. Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
alright well see what happens..it was happening for 3 hours on and off after i got back inside right now its been 40 min without the issue

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
alright well see what happens..it was happening for 3 hours on and off after i got back inside right now its been 40 min without the issue
well there went that over an hour no issue and all the sudden started again

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
just went through reset and set all my stuff up we will see if i have to get it replaced do i just call them tell them the problem and they will send be unfortunately a refurb phone and then i send this one in when i get that?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I'm sure you have to actually go into the store and tell them the problem and everything.

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
hate to possibly jinx it but did a reset around 10 last night and no prob since then that i have seen