Weird Phone Number

Slothead

Reaction score
OK well I think it's weird, but maybe I'm just ignorant of numbering schemes...

I keep getting missed calls from "573-125-874192". So far I've gotten 8 or 9 of them in a 2-3 hour period in the evening (I haven't been able to answer it if there really were such calls).

Area code 573 is somewhere in Missouri, but beyond that I can't figure it out. Is there any known bug that causes the phone to report bad numbers? I suppose there is a country code that makes up some of those front end numbers, but I don't know them.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oh thats me! sorry. was trying to get a hold of the president. he owes me a favor

actually... it might be telemarketers or a scam. they might be trying to get you to call back so they can bill you. so be sure not to call back.

solution if they dont stop: download a "firewall" i say that in quotes because im not using it in the tradition computer sense. instead i mean a call/sms blocker. i see many android call blocking apps using the term. there are many in the market

tracylee

Reaction score
My SO ported his home number to Verizon and still gets campaign and telemarketer calls on his "dumb" phone. For a long time, there were recorded telemarketer calls coming through with the extra number like the one you're getting. Usually I'd google the number and there's a site were people record who called and what it was about.

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I didn't know I could block calls like that. I'll go look for such a device on the market.

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
Ha! Just for fun I googled the number that was reported and I got two hits. The hits were my message to the Droid Forum, twice!

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ha! Just for fun I googled the number that was reported and I got two hits. The hits were my message to the Droid Forum, twice!

You know what that means, right?

"Oh my God... the calls are coming from inside the house!!!" :eek: