weird notification, never seen before..help appreciated

kingmmk

Reaction score
I had this problem on a rom, it was ultimate droid if I remember correctly but I may be wrong. I just sucked it up and hit clear every time I got message. When I switched to a new rom it went away.

OP
J

JDMDC2

Reaction score
Do you have more then one messaging app installed? It kinda sounds like you might have a 3rd party app that is tossing up notifications, I had a similar issue when I first installed Handcent before I forgot to turn off the stock messaging notifications.
Especially since it's happening across ROMs... Could you clarify a bit more what you mean by your comment about Titanium Backup?

nope, Im one of the few that doesn't even use handcent, I like the stock txt message app :p

but I have used it before, and I do know what issue you are reffering to, but I dont have any other txt message apps installed.

Im not exactly sure what you mean by titanium backup..?

Thank for the help everyone, but ive gone through everything I can possible try..

unless someone has any other suggestions I guess my old resort will be to wipe and put bugless beast from scratch..

OP
J

JDMDC2

Reaction score
I had this problem on a rom, it was ultimate droid if I remember correctly but I may be wrong. I just sucked it up and hit clear every time I got message. When I switched to a new rom it went away.

I would just "suck it up" too and hit clear everytime but the damn thing still doesnt go away, haha:icon_evil:

Taegost

Reaction score
Do you have more then one messaging app installed? It kinda sounds like you might have a 3rd party app that is tossing up notifications, I had a similar issue when I first installed Handcent before I forgot to turn off the stock messaging notifications.
Especially since it's happening across ROMs... Could you clarify a bit more what you mean by your comment about Titanium Backup?

nope, Im one of the few that doesn't even use handcent, I like the stock txt message app :p

but I have used it before, and I do know what issue you are reffering to, but I dont have any other txt message apps installed.

Thank for the help everyone, but ive gone through everything I can possible try..

unless someone has any other suggestions I guess my old resort will be to wipe and put bugless beast from scratch..

Ahh gotcha! Heh, sorry, I should actually pay more attention to the name of the person posting, I thought you were the one that mentioned the weirdness with Titanium :)
You could use Titanium to back up all your apps and data, reflash with a wipe, and then use Titanium to put them all back on and see if that helps.
I've got to be a pro at that in the last two weeks... I've been doing it too often, I keep wanting to flash my work computer and overclock it when it bogs down... :)
Also, did you do a full wipe when you installed BB?

OP
J

JDMDC2

Reaction score

Ahh gotcha! Heh, sorry, I should actually pay more attention to the name of the person posting, I thought you were the one that mentioned the weirdness with Titanium :)
You could use Titanium to back up all your apps and data, reflash with a wipe, and then use Titanium to put them all back on and see if that helps.
I've got to be a pro at that in the last two weeks... I've been doing it too often, I keep wanting to flash my work computer and overclock it when it bogs down... :)
Also, did you do a full wipe when you installed BB?

haha its no problem. yeah ive tried titanium backup in the past, but when I went to reinstall the apps, I kept getting the parse error, after doing more research I followed the steps to reinstall busybox but still same error message, its not a huge deal though..

i've been through a lot of roms, but yes I always do a full wipe before installing, but i've been happy with bb v.1 since it was released, so I haven't needed to change it for a while until now..

is that looking like my only option as of now? because i swear ive gone through every basic thing that it could be..

joe1222

Reaction score
Keep us posted if you figure it out. I am getting the same symbol along with my texts (little envelop) . My phone vibrates, makes text sound but will not play text sound I have setup.

joe1222

Reaction score
Just fixed mine. I uninstalled my missed call app, so if you have that uninstall it and see if it works.

pyro6128

Reaction score
do you have a fake sms app? That looks like the icon I get when I fake a text to myself

Reaction score
Just fixed mine. I uninstalled my missed call app, so if you have that uninstall it and see if it works.

It's this most likely. I had the same issue about 2 months back and tried everything, always skipping "Missed Call" in my head since it isn't a messaging program, but then I realized I did set up a text option on it. On top of that the stock messaging was being screwy, I was getting 3 notifications for one text :icon_eek: If it isn't missed call, then I would probably start over new as well.

OP
J

JDMDC2

Reaction score
no fake texts lol!

yeah nothing worked so I did a full wipe and reinstalled bb 1.1
no longer do I have the annoying ghost notification..

I honestly think it must have been an app that I installed, but I still have no clue what it was.. I examined all my apps to see..but nothing..

anyways im just glad its not there anymore! back to normal..