Weird market issue

moot

Reaction score
I signed into my gmail account without any periods (i.e. my email address is [email protected] and I signed in as [email protected]). I downloaded a whole bunch of free apps over the past few weeks, but when I tried downloaded a paid app it would not let me. I realized I had to sign in with my account with periods in them, but the problem is my apps are now split between "two accounts".

Whenever I click on my apps, it is only displaying the apps I paid for. If I uninstall a free app and reinstall it again, it will appear in the "my apps" section. Is there a way to combine all my apps (free and paid) into one account, without having to uninstall (and loose my data on the apps), and reinstall them again?

I don't remember this happening on my D1, so I'm wondering if it's a g-nexus issue.

Thanks!

wolstonc

Reaction score
Without the period it's an entirely different account. You probably made the other one a long time ago. A period is a character the same as a letter or number

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

-iD

Reaction score
U may want to check that. Gmail is supposed to ignore the "dots" in the first part. If your addy is "[email protected]" u should get anything sent to joe, j.oe, or j.o.e

Google promotes this as a way to filter your spam email registrations instead of remembering or making up alternates. In the example above, the user could register for stuff with j.oe so that the acknowledgement replies are in your mailbox but can be filtered from view along with any other spam the registration generates by hiding mail sent to "j.oe".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nubby

Reaction score
My "My Apps" doesn't show all my apps, even ones I downloaded on my Nexus. It does show ones I downloaded on my OG, but shows them as "Not installed". Don't know how to get rid of the "Not installed" ones.