weird battery problem?

AHB900

Reaction score
Hey guys, so yesterday i was out with a few friends of mine and my droid had 60% battery left (my battery widget said so) then randomly about 5 mins after that when the screen was off i see a red LED it said 5% battery left? Wth i dont understand how it went from 60% to 5% in 5 mins. So i pluged it up to my car charger for 2 mins and it was back to 60%. Has anybody else had this problem?

mjs31

Reaction score
I will say that I have had my battery get pretty low and then have a very quick charge jump it way up again. Not sure why this is. I believe others have had similar to what you have seen, but you might want to search that. Have you actually let your batter run completely out so that the phone powers down and will not start back up? Do this if you haven't and then charge it full. Sometimes this can help the battery out.

Twoo

Reaction score
I'm not sure if our battery needs it but did you properly 'battery train'?

First thing I did was battery train, and I'm getting around 14 hours out of my battery, and I average about 30 min of internet surfing (wifi), 250 texts, 20 orso emails and about 2 hours of talk a day...

OP
A

AHB900

Reaction score
ok ill give that a try. Thanks

PS. what exactly is battery train?

Twoo

Reaction score
ok ill give that a try. Thanks

PS. what exactly is battery train?

Whenever you get a new rechargeable battery (like a phone one) you want to run the battery until it dies then recharge it back to 100%, repeat this 3-4 times in a row. Essentially this "trains" the battery. It simply makes it more efficient.

It's debatable whether or not this actually does anything on modern batteries- it's kind of like a break in period for a car. Some people swear by it, some people think it's an old wives tale.

I did it and... no battery problems thus far.

mwinne

Reaction score
I just had the same thing happen that the OP described, Droid working fine, and at last check, about an hour ago, charge was around 70%. I was not using it, and no new apps have been installed recently. Suddenly I get a red light flash and a message saying battery is at 5% please charge battery. So I go and plug it in and battery reads at 60%. I have had this thing since the 8th of Nov. and have had 0 issues. Anyone else seen this, besides the OP? Anyone know if it is a known issue?