Standby and what it's doing

yah27

Reaction score
quick question to all droid users and perhaps others have experienced the same issue here.

Last night I had about 60% battery life before going to bed (12am) and woke up this morning (5.30am) w/ about 5% battery left. This has happened before where standby alone on droid takes up much of my battery life.

I only have account sync turned on, w/ b.tooth, gps, wifi, etc all turned off.

So while it's on standby i'm assuming the gmail and my yahoo mail which is set to check every 30 min is eating up all my batteries???

Could anyone please share or comment on their experiences?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I don't know why it's eating up that much of your battery. If I went to bed at midnight with 60% I would imagine I would probably wake up with about 30-40%.

It's a smart phone, and Droid is no different then my Blackberry Storm 1 or Storm 2 was. They feed on the battery a lot.

Have you downloaded app killer or something similar to see what apps you go to bed with and what you wake up with? You'd be surprised to see what that Droid is doing when you're not looking.

OP
Y

yah27

Reaction score
Fair enough. I don't know why it's eating up that much of your battery. If I went to bed at midnight with 60% I would imagine I would probably wake up with about 30-40%.

It's a smart phone, and Droid is no different then my Blackberry Storm 1 or Storm 2 was. They feed on the battery a lot.

Have you downloaded app killer or something similar to see what apps you go to bed with and what you wake up with? You'd be surprised to see what that Droid is doing when you're not looking.

thx bill. i don't have many running apps except for the standard ones. the annoying google talk is always runnning which i never ever use. but other than that, nothing that will drain the battery. well well, guess u gotta take the good w/ the bad..