weg page push ads?? Netdeals2012.com

CDMAengineer

Reaction score
I touched something on either the apps market or a web page which got ahold of my android ID or phone number and it pushes an ad to me in the form of a web page link.

the symptoms are a green Star in the status line for notifications. When you go to clear it, it brings up a weg page thru the address http://netdeals2012.com/jump/(the deal of the day) in my browser. I am getting 4-5 of these a day for things like Walmrt ads, Geico insurance, free ipads, etc.

No way to opt out or stop it. the web address is on the network blacklist and Cox will not even bring it up on wifi. they actual web page source sode is coded to look like a HTTP 404 erroe. complete spoof.

I have been removing apps one by one to get rid of it. Now VZ and MOT tell me that the only way to get rid of it is to do a factory reset, which means another week or two of setup, registration, downloading apps, redoing passwords, etc. not an option so far. It might be some background mal ware. I ran Lookout already.

Anyone else having this problem? today they went too far...

OP
C

CDMAengineer

Reaction score
apps are only part of it. Email backup, calendar issues, no outlook synching with a pop server type email account, contacts, files, etc.

Not like having a place to do single stream backup like a PC to an external disk drive and then just bring it back with a new OS image.

Even then I am not sure that a factory reset will change the issue, as it is associated with my phone number for pushes. reset will nto change that. It is like popups have appeared on the Driod.