Websites Won't Load

Teale2084

Reaction score
So I just updated my RAZR to ICS and it's running great; however, there are certain sites that my phone won't load anymore (e.g., adf.ly won't load). I use this site a lot because I go through it to get apps for free, but since it won't load I can't get any apps anymore. My phone is rooted, but it was before on Honey Comb and that site worked fine. I just used my fiancé's phone and her web browser loaded the page right up. We both use Dolphin, but I tried everything I can think of (different browser, putting Dolphin into "desktop mode") but nothing seems to work! Why will her phone load this Web page, but mine won't?! Help!

OP
T

Teale2084

Reaction score
Certain websites won't load on my phone after I updated it to ICS and rooted it. Every site worked for my rooted honeycomb RAZR and my fiancé has a RAZR that she just updated to ICS and her browser works just fine and I checked and we have all the same settings, so any suggestions? It wouldn't be because it's rooted, would it? Help please!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum for one.

Second did you do a factory data reset either before or after your ICS update? If not you may have to.

Either that or if you have not already tried a hard reset I would do that. Hold the volume down and then the power button for ten seconds and the phone will reboot.

OP
T

Teale2084

Reaction score
I just tried a hard reset, didn't work. Second I might have deleted some bloatware on Honey Comb so I wasn't able to update to ICS so I had to use a thing called Matt's Utility Tool and it reset it to factory so I could update it. It worked wonders! But now I can't load some websites. I have a rooted phone, not sure if that matters. I texted my buddy with a link to the certain website I couldn't load and he couldn't either, but I did the same thing with my fiancé and her phone worked! Ideas?

destin246

Reaction score
It wasn't on honeycomb the droid razr was on gingerbread. Honeycomb is specifically for tablets