WebDav, ICS calendar, droid app, No Google?

LifesPaths

Reaction score
On my iPod Touch the calendar app is able to read an .ics file from a WebDav server. This is really handy for using whatever tool I want to maintain my calendar and being able to view it on my pod. However, I now have my spiffy new Droid and am looking for the same functionality. I would like to get the .ics file (does not have to be via WebDav, email to the phone is fine) viewable on the phone (almost any calendar app would also be fine). Has anyone done this or know of a way to make this happen? Thanks! --LP

techguru

Reaction score
There is an app for reading ics files. Last time I tried it (several months ago) it could not handle recurring appointments. I forget the name, but searching the market should bring it up.

Alan

techguru

Reaction score
There is an app for reading ics files. Last time I tried it (several months ago) it could not handle recurring appointments. I forget the name, but searching the market should bring it up.

Alan

App is ICS BOT. As well as not handling recurring events, it also doesn't set reminder time. Not sure how useful. I didn't find it that useful. I just wait until I am at my computer and can import the ICS into Outlook which I have syncing with my Google calendar, so it gets to my phone that way.

Alan

HonestLogic

Reaction score
webDAV app to sync calendar padersyncFM to SwissDisk

The only webDAV app to sync the Droid calendar that I can find is from pader-sync.com They have the padersyncFM and also the padersyncDAV app both of which have been verified and work fine with the FREE service from SwissDisk pader-sync was allowing free personal use of the apps although I don't know if that offer still exists

nlmarco

Reaction score
Solution for: WebDav, ICS calendar, droid app, No Google?

Hello *,

we had the same problem as you did: We use ICS files on a WebDAV server (together with Thunderbird) and wanted to synchronise these calenders into our Android devices. After there was really no solution available, we decided to develop one ourselves.

Yesterday, we released our app ICSSync in the Google market. It supports bidirectional syncs (both manually or periodically in the background) between a WebDAV server and an Android device. The app properly supports reminders, recurring events and (nearly) all features that the iCalendar file format supports.

So far, there is only one feature missing: If you define an exception to a recurring event (e.g. every Friday the event is in location A, but on May 6th, the location is B), this is still ignored. This feature will be added soon.

Here are the market links, in case you want to give the app a try:

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.nightlabs.android.icssync
market://details?id=org.nightlabs.android.icssync

Best regards, Marco :)

pbeds

Reaction score
I also had the idea of getting independent from google and importing/syncing calendar informations from different sources. For some time i used ICSSync but there have been a lot of annoying buts, lost appointmetns, and so on. At the end i thought i would have to got to google for a working calendar sync. But then i tested another app the app is called CalendarSync and since then worked flawless. Its really stable and relyable.

I really recommend testing this app. The developer also allows it to test the app for free.
Link to the app-> .::CalendarSync::. Android calendar sync