Web pages won't load

FC127

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem. When I click on a link in the stock email client the browser pops up and says the web page is not available. This happens with both the stock browser and Dolphin HD. I can use other apps that require a connection to the internet, so connectivity is not a problem.

It is probably something quick and easy to fix but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Open your browser and in the address field type about::debug or about:debug it adds some extra options to the stock browser, mess around with those and see if there's something you can find to help out, that's where Id start

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
Where would I find those options? I don't see anything extra in the settings menu... Either way I type it the address shows about::debug.

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
Sorry, nevermind... I had to restart the browser. I'll check some of these things and post my findings.

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
Well, it looks like it's isolated to emails from eBay... Odd, but it must be something to do with their emails. I tried to open links in other emails (which I probably should have tried before) and they all worked.

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Are you using company wifi? My company blocks ebay so if I clicked on a link that redirected there it would say the same

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
It does it on both wifi and 3g. And I can get on ebay with my laptop through the same wifi connection.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I would go dump your data/cache for the browser, even the dolphin HD version, if that doesn't work on one of them, uninstall the stock browser with a script or titanium backup and grant dolphin sole permission.

Also, I'm concerned with what email app you're using, I know there's a couple out there that try to open the link in the email app itself and it appears that it's the browser when it's really not.

Let's keep trying and get this figured out.