Browser Issues

wioneo

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of random annoyances with the browser/youtube app. These were mostly things like videos that just stop downloading seemingly randomly.

So I decided to get the Dolphin Browser with it's "desktop" setting, and this worked perfectly for...everything. However, now it seems like the stock browser is completely useless, whenever I click a link(from my homepage) the loading bar moves out to the middle and then just stays there forever, and my connection bars slowly disappear. I also noticed that the 3G arrows are both empty.

If I go to the exact same site from the exact same place in Dolphin, it loads immediately, I have full bars, and both 3G arrows are blacked in.

So is it impossible to have both dolphin and the stock browser concurrently? I like the stock browser for random quick things where mobile view isnt bad, but if I'm going to be browsing for a long time dolphin is MUCH better.

The Youtube App just seems useless. I tried downloading the "updated" one, and yes it is prettier, but just as useless.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I use the Dolphin browser hd for my browser. I only use the browser for when I use the search button. When I click a link, i have it set to use Dolphin.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

473x15

Reaction score
I don't think is a big deal to have both browsers cause i do too i have this opera mini and let me tell you is really fast and the stock browser is just for viewing tv a live like soccer, football etc. Then i use it for the flashplayer.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

vera_w

Reaction score
Well, you could try Dolphin Browser mini. It's light and incredibly fast!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the stock browser go to your settings and windows. How many do you have open? Close them. Clear the cache, clean the cookies and reset your Droid every once in a while. Stock browser does just fine for me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you can set the stock browser to 'desktop'.

open the browser, type "about:debug" in the address bar and hit enter. nothing will appear to happen. then press the menu button, then settings... scroll all the way down until you see 'UA STRING' and change it to 'desktop'.

also, changing plugins to 'on demand' can speed up load times.

*DroidForums app DOES*

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all of the help. I didn't even know about the debug menu before.