Weather

E

Emtronics

I am using the weather widget that came with my Dinc that includes the clock on the home page. Now I understand on how to add cities to it and how to swipe the screen to change cities once the widget is opened.
What always bother me was that my weather widget defaults to a little town near my city. I live in Peoria, IL and my weather defaults to the widget of Bartonville, IL I can live with this but I have noticed that after the 2.2 push update, my default city is now Rostov-on-Don. It has the same weather temp and it seems the same forecast as my home city. I Googled Rostov-on-Don and it's a Russian city.

How in the heck can I remove this. It isn't listed under DELETE. Only Peoria is listed I have gone through the options and nothing.

Ah heck, never mind folks. Sorry to bother. I fixed this simply by removing the clock/weather widget from my home screen, then re-adding it back picking the city I wanted, Peoria.

Ok, I thought it was fixed. Peoria is the default widget screen now but opening the widget to weather gives me 2 choices, Peoria and Rostov-on-Don and no delete for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am using the weather widget that came with my Dinc that includes the clock on the home page. Now I understand on how to add cities to it and how to swipe the screen to change cities once the widget is opened.
What always bother me was that my weather widget defaults to a little town near my city. I live in Peoria, IL and my weather defaults to the widget of Bartonville, IL I can live with this but I have noticed that after the 2.2 push update, my default city is now Rostov-on-Don. It has the same weather temp and it seems the same forecast as my home city. I Googled Rostov-on-Don and it's a Russian city.

How in the heck can I remove this. It isn't listed under DELETE. Only Peoria is listed I have gone through the options and nothing.
IMHO you should delete the weather widget that came with your phone and spend a few dollars on Beautiful Widgets. Their beautiful home weather is now pretty accurate, you can chose between two services (Google and Accuweather-take Accuweather) and it's pretty darn good at getting your location correctly.

I'm using a D2 now and the stock weather widget has me in a small town close by me, I don't like that either but I can't get rid of it when it's sitting in the dock. BW is the best way to go.

OP
E

Emtronics

What's really wierd is the weather for Rostov-on-Don. It should be night time there and yet upon refresh, it says it is sunny and 52 and the 4 day forecast is identical to my city which right now is sunny and 52. How can that be? Hook, Beautiful Widgets is on Market? I saw some but all were free. How much?

ajrenee

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the stock weather widget on the dinc2? I have to refresh it manually every time. I tried to change the settings, but where it says update manually, its shaded so I can't choose it. I've found other widgets that are better, but then I'm not able to access my alarms.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Background data and auto sync need to be turned on too, in settings>acct and sync