Weather App with MOVING radar.

mikes

Reaction score
see the entire country in a loop - none of the others have that
TWC just misses that. You can scale to see everything east of the Mississippi along with overlays, and of course, you can scan to change what section you're seeing. Not sure why you'd want to see more than that - weather doesn't move that fast in a couple of hours.

amjacobs1

Reaction score
see the entire country in a loop - none of the others have that
TWC just misses that. You can scale to see everything east of the Mississippi along with overlays, and of course, you can scan to change what section you're seeing. Not sure why you'd want to see more than that - weather doesn't move that fast in a couple of hours.
My point was that each of the weather sites/programs have their positives and negatives. I wasn't making the point that seeing the radar of the entire country was a must-have, rather it is another feature. Everyone has to try the different radars and see what fits their requirements.

kirk123

Reaction score
Moving radar

Try Rain Alarm. It's nothing spectacular, but it's decent..........and free.

sherylhs

Reaction score
I was using IMAP, but now I'm using Rainy Days. It's a very simple radar app. My only issue with it is the "you are here" dot is blue... just like rain or snow, so I can be hard to see if you are getting slammed.

It may not have everything you were looking for, but if you just want a simple weather radar map that loops, this may work for you. You can select satellite view or just a regular map view and you can zoom in and out. I think you can also change the animation speed.

~Sheryl

Droid Xtasy

Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty sure looping of radar has nothing to do with flash because my previous phones did not have flash on them and they looped weather radar fine, the only radar I can get to loop is at weather.com and its not high quality by any means. I am a pilot and need access to aviationweather.gov (national weather service) radar to be legal and that will not loop radar on my droid x. Why is this? I have talked to tech support a couple times to know avail, however one said the droid x they use to do troubleshooting looped it fine on aviationweather.gov, kind of an enigma. Sucks tho upgrading to a new phone and not being able to do a simple function like that, I am clueless as to why it loops on some sites but not others.....???

Droid Xtasy

Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty sure looping of radar has nothing to do with flash because my previous phones did not have flash on them and they ooped weather radar fine, the only radar I can looped weather radar fine, the only radar I can get to loop is at weather.com and its not high quality by any means. I am a pilot and need access to aviationweather.gov (national weather service) radar to be legal and that will not loop service) radar to be legal and that will not loop radar on my droid x. Why is this? I have talked to tech support a couple times to know avail, however one said the droid x they use to do troubleshooting looped it fine on aviationweather.gov, kind of an enigma. Sucks tho upgrading to a new phone and not being able to do a simple function like that, I am clueless as to why it loops on some sites but not others.....??? tech support a couple times to know avail tech support a couple times to know avail, however one said the droid x they use to do troubleshooting looped it fine on aviationweather.gov, kind of an enigma. Sucks tho upgrading to a new phone and not being able to do a simple function like that, I am clueless as to why it loops on some sites but not others.....??? however one said the droid x they use to do however one said the droid x they use to do troubleshooting looped it fine on aviationweather.gov, kind of an enigma. Sucks tho upgrading to a new phone and not being able to do a simple function like that, I am clueless as to why it loops on some sites but not others.....???

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Try Rainy Days. Works great for me.

+1 for Rainy Days - I use it for quick checks without having to go all the way thru WeatherBug Elite to get the radar.

Vladiator

Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty sure looping of radar has nothing to do with flash because my previous phones did not have flash on them and they ooped weather radar fine, the only radar I can looped weather radar fine, the only radar I can get to loop is at weather.com and its not high quality by any means. I am a pilot and need access to aviationweather.gov (national weather service) radar to be legal and that will not loop service) radar to be legal and that will not loop radar on my droid x. Why is this? I have talked to tech support a couple times to know avail, however one said the droid x they use to do troubleshooting looped it fine on aviationweather.gov, kind of an enigma. Sucks tho upgrading to a new phone and not being able to do a simple function like that, I am clueless as to why it loops on some sites but not others.....??? tech support a couple times to know avail tech support a couple times to know avail, however one said the droid x they use to do troubleshooting looped it fine on aviationweather.gov, kind of an enigma. Sucks tho upgrading to a new phone and not being able to do a simple function like that, I am clueless as to why it loops on some sites but not others.....??? however one said the droid x they use to do however one said the droid x they use to do troubleshooting looped it fine on aviationweather.gov, kind of an enigma. Sucks tho upgrading to a new phone and not being able to do a simple function like that, I am clueless as to why it loops on some sites but not others.....???

I use the Weather Bug Radar Widget (you need to purchase Elite to get it) which is pretty decent. I also keep a bookmark of weatherunderground's radar for my location because it give's me info on all cells. Before 2.2 came out I was limited to only seeing the most current map and couldn't loop. With 2.2 and Flash installed I can now loop, so yes I believe Flash support has something to do with that. It's just a matter of time before the X gets the OTA 2.2 update.