Weather app question...

km04

Reaction score
i searched for this but didn't find anything...in the stock weather app you can add different locations. it also finds whatever city/town/location you are in currently. i am unable to add the city i live in manually but it finds it whenever i am at home. is there a way to add whatever the current location is for the weather app?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You have to leave gps on but in setting check the "my location" option and it should go off where you're at, at the time. I don't remember how often it polls data as that would determine if its showing for where you are as well.

sent from somewhere...

OP
K

km04

Reaction score
You have to leave gps on but in setting check the "my location" option and it should go off where you're at, at the time. I don't remember how often it polls data as that would determine if its showing for where you are as well.

sent from somewhere...
thanks for the reply, but not quite what i was looking for. maybe i didn't do a good job of expplaining what i am looking for, sorry for that.

i want to know how to add the city i live in to the weather app from the (current) location in the app since i cannot ass it manually searching for the city.

i know there are other apps out there but i am one who believes that most of the stock apps should be of some use to me and would like to try to make them work before installing another app that does the same think.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Oh...my bad.

Did you try using the zip code?

sent from somewhere...

OP
K

km04

Reaction score
Oh...my bad.

Did you try using the zip code?

sent from somewhere...
not your fault, as i went back and reread my post i saw that i was a little unclear in my request.
no, didn't know you could.

just tried zip and no joy....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
That's weird....usually works better with the zip code.

Where you at?? I'll try with mine.

sent from somewhere...

OP
K

km04

Reaction score
how do you do that? just put it in where it says search locations?

Beardface

Reaction score
I've noticed the same. I can't look up my home town, which is right next to Raleigh, but when I visit my parents, it shows in the Widget.

The database used by HTC must be extremely light.

OP
K

km04

Reaction score
I've noticed the same. I can't look up my home town, which is right next to Raleigh, but when I visit my parents, it shows in the Widget.

The database used by HTC must be extremely light.
sorry to hear that, but at least i'm glad to kknow it's not just me.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You know what I just noticed this is for the tbolt.

I'll have to ask someone else about this.

sent from somewhere...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go into settings, location and check google location services. That worked for me.

fizeke136

Reaction score
Unless you live in a major city that is listed in the search box as you type the name, there is no way for you to add your location to it. yes, it will detect where you are, but as far as adding it to the list there is no way. hope that made sense...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Beautiful widgets allow you to enter the zip code.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
U can also longpress the widget and drag to edit, at the bottom. then tap add city and type in the city, not zip

Edit: Just realized you can't add a city not already in the database

Last edited:

cafleter

Reaction score
Weather App - I use accuweather

Hi. I had the same problem with the stock weather app - only has a limited set of lookups. I have added the accuweather app (free) and when I need weather for a specific location, I use it. Otherwise for me, the more generic location and weather that shows up on my phone when I turn on the display works just fine for the quick weather pulse. Then on to accuweather app for more specific info when I need it.