We need good AIM app!

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Oh and I noticed meebo killed my battery even though battery use claimed it was display. My battery went from above 80% to dangerously low (blinking red led) in 2 hours. That doesn't happen just from the display being on (at 0% brightness)...

So what makes ebuddy so much better than meebo rintintigger?

MAzing87

Reaction score
I use Meebo. Works great. Haven't had anything with importing contacts. I simply login with my AIM details and it works. Maybe that happens if you use a meebo account or something?

I haven't gotten any disconnects but I read that an update fixed it (I've only had meebo since the fix).
After talking back and forth (a lot) for a while, the shear amount of messages slows down meebo. So I just click close conversation and then I open again. Did that 2-3 times during a 5 hour convo with hundredssss of messages.
Far too much to deal with. I'll stick with EBuddy then.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Downloaded eBuddy and successfully setup all my IM accounts except with AIM. I know my username and password, but it won't let me establish an account. It keeps saying invalid username. Anyone have any ideas?

JFDroid

Reaction score
Do you guys know that AOL published an official AIM client for Android? It's actually really good.

The downside is that, naturally, it's an AIM-only client, but it works pretty good and I like that it doesn't seem to suck resources at all. They did a good job with it. I run it in the background all the time, and have for the past 3-4 days since I downloaded it.

I'd give it an A- overall.

Reks

Reaction score
Do you guys know that AOL published an official AIM client for Android? It's actually really good.

The downside is that, naturally, it's an AIM-only client, but it works pretty good and I like that it doesn't seem to suck resources at all. They did a good job with it. I run it in the background all the time, and have for the past 3-4 days since I downloaded it.

I'd give it an A- overall.

It's a good app but the notification options are severely lacking.

pyro6128

Reaction score
ebuddy kicks ass, don't waste your time with other im apps (unless ebuddy doesn't support your service haha)

mrredskin

Reaction score
a very simple solution would be to sync your AIM list with gmail, then you could use the preinstalled "talk" app. i rarely use aim anymore, so just a suggestion if you didn't want to have to actually install another app

or, for that matter, just go mobile on your aim account??

Reaction score
a very simple solution would be to sync your AIM list with gmail, then you could use the preinstalled "talk" app.
Any suggestions on how to do this? I logged into my AIM account in Gmail and selected some AIM contacts to "show in chat list". When i go to the Talk app on my Droid, only my Google Talk buddies show up.

fantom557

Reaction score
a very simple solution would be to sync your AIM list with gmail, then you could use the preinstalled "talk" app.
Any suggestions on how to do this? I logged into my AIM account in Gmail and selected some AIM contacts to "show in chat list". When i go to the Talk app on my Droid, only my Google Talk buddies show up.
i would love to know how also to do this. i came from a BB using beejive and i would love to have something like beejive.

deathtoll2001

Reaction score
Since this is a larger thread, have any of you noticed the chat client disconnecting you after a short period of non-use? eBuddy did it constantly and Meebo seems to be doing the same. I'm starting to wonder if it's the client or the phone that's cutting it off...

joshwithachance

Reaction score
I must be the only person that DOESN'T like ebuddy. I think it's awful lol. how do we sync our AIM account with gtalk ?

LordKastle

Reaction score
sync aim with gtalk? do you really like handing everything to google?

use the official aim.