Way to Make Screen Stay Active During Call

aiya

Reaction score
Hello All-

I'm interested in knowing how to keep the screen of my droid active while I am on the phone- specifically while I am trying to use the numberpad to enter numbers while on a call. For example, when I am trying to check my voicemail, I hit "dialpad" can enter one number and then before I can hit the second number the screen goes black and I have to shake the phone or hit the power button to turn it on again. Is there a way to make the screen stay active during a call?

Thanks

bitter

Reaction score
I noticed that you have to keep the thing in an upright position to keep the backlight on.

Mayze

Reaction score
Download Screebl. It has a setting that allows the screen to stay active during a phone call

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep Screen is similar to Screebl... except doesn't work off the orientation of the phone. Simply select an app from the list and whether or not to enable 'stay awake'. :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
if your screen is going dark when you're trying to hit numbers for a menu, you're convering the prox. sensor. keep your hands/fingers away from the top of the screen and the phone will stay on.

or, use the speakerphone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep Screen is similar to Screebl... except doesn't work off the orientation of the phone. Simply select an app from the list and whether or not to enable 'stay awake'. :)

+1 this is the best solution for this problem.

neverknow

Reaction score
Little more info on the proximity sensor.

I'm left handed and tend to come at my droid from the top left when trying to dial. If you're like me, your going to have to make a concious effort to remember the the droid like many touch screen phones has a sensor in the upper left hand corner of the phone.

If you turn the speaker phone on this disables that proximity senor and the screen should remain on no matter where you place your fingers/hand on your phone.

Try this:

1.Make a phone call.
2.Place your phone down on the table.
3.Move your hands away from it and the screen should turn on (not blank or off).
4.Move your hand back toward the screen (top left hand corner) when its about three inches away the screen should turn off.

You should now know where the senor is and how sensitive it is!

If this doesn't work for you, your might want to contact support.

Hope this helps.

ug123

Reaction score
i bought lg-connect and was having the same problem too until..

just bought the new phone that is being sold at metro-pcs. was frustrated for almost a week and was about to return the phone today;
when i saw this forum with provided solution.
I now realized what was the problem.
i too am left handed when making calls, so the sensor was getting blocked.

thanks everyone.

a personal note: whoever designed such phones should lose their title (i say tongue in cheek); no wonder the iphones shine when it comes to usability.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have a Droid Charge and it has Screeble installed to keep the screen on when I am using the phone, but it also has Coffee installed to keep the screen from dimming while I am using an app. Sometimes when I play a game it takes me some Think Time to decide what to do next and the Charges screen will go dim and I can not make it come back. Coffee fixed that. But neither one make the screen stay on when I am in a phone call. I mostly do speaker phone and I want the screen to stay on but it will not. Very irritating.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I have razr maxx and I have screebl installed which works well. I also have screen mode widget for when I play wordfued. I sometimes like to play the game with the phone lying flat which screebl does not work in due to the way I have it set up. I just tried with and without screen mode widget during a speaker phone call and the screen never turns off. I can't remember if this was a paid app or not. Screen mode also bypasses the lock screen too.