Waterproof Case

chayes627

Reaction score
Hello. I am looking for a case for my droid that will help protect it while riding my dirt bike for the gps and my track app. Something that is waterproof and will absorb some of the vibrations and shock would be nice. I found pocket solutions case but couldn't find any reviews about it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Do a search. There are several threads on here. I found a couple of interesting cases but I decided to use a water proof bag that I already had

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Pelican makes some small plastic cases with rubber on the inside. They are water and smash proof. I used to keep my phone in one while dirt biking.

I had a just a regular Pelican box, but they make one for phones too:
Pelican™ Products i1015 Case

OP
C

chayes627

Reaction score
The pelican case is what I'm looking for. I need more than just a waterproof bag incase the phone decide to jump out of my bag and to help with the constant shaking\shock it with be taking. Where are the prices for that case? Or where can I buy it?

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
The pelican case is what I'm looking for. I need more than just a waterproof bag incase the phone decide to jump out of my bag and to help with the constant shaking\shock it with be taking. Where are the prices for that case? Or where can I buy it?

LAPolicegear has them. I buy a lot of crap from them and they have great customer service and prices. Here's a link:

Pelican Cases are professionally made and engineered to the highest standards of industrial, airline, military, and commercial applications.

mcsinfl

Reaction score
Hello. I am looking for a case for my droid that will help protect it while riding my dirt bike for the gps and my track app. Something that is waterproof and will absorb some of the vibrations and shock would be nice. I found pocket solutions case but couldn't find any reviews about it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I have both the pocket solutions case and the otterbox 1900 case. the pocket solutions case is the otterbox 2600 (which I figured out after I received it, pretty crappy advertising on the pocket solutions site if you ask me). Both are BIG, not something I would carry around with me. 1900 is much much much sturdier. i don't use either very often because there is no easy way to hit the power button without opening the case.

OP
C

chayes627

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys. Looks like I'm proli gonna go for the pelican case. I'm not worried to much about size or the ability to use the phone while it's in the case. I'm just gonna start the my tracks record put it in the case and ride. It seems like the pelican cases are pretty highly regarded in terms of durability and protection.

gmen1818

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good, on the go waterproof case for the razr? Kinda like the lifeproof for iPhone 4

Sent from my MZ505 using DroidForums

pinoy_92

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good, on the go waterproof case for the razr? Kinda like the lifeproof for iPhone 4

Sent from my MZ505 using DroidForums

a zip lock bag? xD

i dont think there is one yet.

SallyC

Reaction score
If you want something waterproof, built for rugged use, with a built in speaker if you want to be listening to music, I can recommend a Grace Digital Eco Extreme. It's not going to give you access to your controls for a phone or apps, but if you are going kayaking or need something rugged and durable for an iPod or phone it's very nice.

If you want something like a ziplock bag, but hardier, Kwik Tek makes a variety of Dry Pak cases which are waterproof and I have also used for something like a Kindle DX. Again, it's not going to give you prefab spots to access your buttons, and your touch screen is not going to work but it will protect your phone in the event it gets dropped in the water.

Those two I own and can recommend. But I also found these, which may also be of interest to you.