Water Damage...Broken or not Broken?

Nute13

Reaction score
So I accidentally dropped my DROID Pro in my dog's water bowl....I immediately grabbed it out of there, and wiped it clean....it was still on. I turned it off, took the battery out, wiped the inside clean, and then turned it back on. It fired back up, and the sound was really light. Ultimately, the sound came back to normal, but the only thing that didnt work was the charger...I couldn't charge my battery anymore.

So overnight, the phone died and no way to bring it back. I take it to the Verizon retailer, how opens the phone up, shows me a red dot on the back behind the battery, says the phone is damaged and can't be repaired. Well....the phone still works fine with a normal battery...i just can't charge a battery. So once the battery dies, the phone is gone until a fresh battery is put in...

Is there anything to be done here? I assume that the charge port must have some sort of corrosion or something preventing it from being charged...but the phone seems fine.

Help!! Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless you know someone who fixes them then no.

Just get a battery charger on Amazon and carry 2 with you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nute13

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I'm confused. You are saying carry a charger with me, but thats the problem, I can't charge it. Am I misunderstanding?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A battery charger. Not a phone charger.

2 OEM batteries charged per day should do ya.

Amazon can help you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk