Watch ESPN

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Sorry if this is old news, but the Watch ESPN app is now working. Went into it last night and was able to get to the select your provider screen. I was able to watch all of the ESPN channels thru the app.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nice. Don't you have to pay for that service though?

edit: Wait you need a supported provider. Stupid Comast isn't one....:frown:

Last edited:

fuzzogoblue

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I received an email late on Monday from the app developer at Disney/ESPN stating the app had been updated for 4.0 ICS. I installed the update and now WatchESPN works GREAT on my Galaxy Nexus.

Dezymond, if your cable/internet provider gives you access, then you can install it on your phone. Once installed, launch the app, go to settings then select your provider. You will then need to log into your cable/internet provider to approve the app for your phone. I'm a Verizon FIOS customer.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I received an email late on Monday from the app developer at Disney/ESPN stating the app had been updated for 4.0 ICS. I installed the update and now WatchESPN works GREAT on my Galaxy Nexus.

Dezymond, if your cable/internet provider gives you access, then you can install it on your phone. Once installed, launch the app, go to settings then select your provider. You will then need to log into your cable/internet provider to approve the app for your phone. I'm a Verizon FIOS customer.
Sending an email to Comcast right now asking why they're not a partner. Dangit I want this app to work

fuzzogoblue

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Good luck with the dreaded Comcast. They battle with ESPN all of the time over the fees that ESPN charges for each of their channels.

Although I was very pissed that ESPN had not updated the app for 4.0 ICS and missed many bowl games over the holidays (while not at home to watch), now the good news. Today is a rematch of Real Madrid vs Barcelona, on Verizon Fios it's on GOL TV, but on the WatchESPN app I can watch it on ESPN3 or ESPN Deporres (since I won't be home to watch on GOL TV).

NYMase

Reaction score
It's weird that I have Comcast broadband internet and Watch ESPN works fine on my laptop, but won't work on my Nexus...Comcast ins't even an option in the drop down box

I get basic Comcast and broadband internet through my HOA fees, but I actually use Directv as my satellite provider...IS it based off of your internet provider or your cable/satellite provider?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good luck with the dreaded Comcast. They battle with ESPN all of the time over the fees that ESPN charges for each of their channels.

Although I was very pissed that ESPN had not updated the app for 4.0 ICS and missed many bowl games over the holidays (while not at home to watch), now the good news. Today is a rematch of Real Madrid vs Barcelona, on Verizon Fios it's on GOL TV, but on the WatchESPN app I can watch it on ESPN3 or ESPN Deporres (since I won't be home to watch on GOL TV).
Just did a live chat for the hell of it. The rep said they're looking into getting WatchESPN support "soon" and would let me know once a sure date is given to them.

Freakin Comcast....

alboboy10

Reaction score
Does it work with time Warner? Probably not.

I have the NFL app which is only for Verizon customers on androids. That's great.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Apparently I don't have the right package to watch it. Hm

alboboy10

Reaction score
Yea you can watch. But when I tried signing in it said that I'm not on the right package for this.

nubby

Reaction score
I am stock with the paid version of volume+. I can barely hear the volume for watch videos. I am set on 10.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums