Watch ESPN app problems

mykl376

Reaction score
Watch ESPN is now supported by Cox. Hooray! Since that's what I have, and until just recently I couldn't use the app, since they didn't support Cox. The problem I'm having now is that I'm stuck on a Comcast sign in screen. I can't get back to the original screen where you choose your cable provider.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've cleared the cache and the data and force closed. I've moved it between internal and phone storage. The app will not start at any other screen than the Comcast sign in screen. It's amazing that the biggest companies (ESPN) make the crappiest and buggiest apps. Last time I checked I believe it had about a 2.5 star average because of lack of support, poor prformance, or other bugs.

huskur

Reaction score
What you have done is very good troubleshooting. I would go one step further and say to pull your battery after the uninstall and then put your battery back and reboot and then install the app.

OP
mykl376

mykl376

Reaction score
I tried the battery pull and reinstall and it still will only start at the comcast sign in screen. Such a poorly made app, it has twice as many 1 star reviews than any others. I guess the incentive to make a functional app is decreased when you have bonfires of cash every day to make room for more cash to have bonfires with.

OP
mykl376

mykl376

Reaction score
Update! Now working!

I was doing a Google search from my phone's browser, trying to figure out a solution. I clicked on an ESPN link, which ended up being a link to the mobile watch espn website. The page proceeded to ask me if I wanted to launch the mobile app available from the Play Store. After clicking that link, it took me to the "open or uninstall" page in the Play Store for WatchESPN. (the app was already installed on my phone, don't know if it would make a difference at this point if you installed it from here) After that I was at the provider selection page in the app, and I was able to enter my email/username to get going. I was able to load up the crappy bowl game that's playing tonight to test it out and it worked fine.

Still a pain, and it shouldn't be that hard to figure out/stumble upon a fix for being stuck on the wrong provider screen, but at least it's working now with Cox.

Schr8r154

Reaction score
Not working on WIFI

I have the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon and was wondering if anybody else has issues with it connecting to WatchESPN when using Cell Data. It works perfectly fine for me when I use wifi but neither 3G or 4G work. I have unlimited data and am running CM 10.1 4.2.1 but had the same problem before when Running AOKP on 4.1.2. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.