Was about to upgrade from Storm, but question

Pepsicat

Reaction score
After a lot of research , I had narrowed my choice down to Fascinate and Droid X, both b/c of screen size. I love the Fascinate amoled, but like the feel and bigger screen of the X. So, I made up my mind...I was about to buy the X tonight, but when I went to buy it at retailer online, it said it has 2.1. That was another reason for going with X (want 2.2)...and also hate Bing. If it says it has 2.1, on the Morotola site,does that mean it's infereior to buying it at Verizon store? It's 2.2 at VZ, right? Or does it matter, can I just uopgrade after it arrives? Or maybe just go back to Fascinate and hope it gets upgrade. Want to get phone soon, but I will have it two years, so don't want to regret my choice of the two.

D

Dragon3463

The droid X should be preloaded with the 2.2, since we all got updates to it. Not too long ago. HTH..I would call Verizon and ask them. But pretty sure it is...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The X originally shipped with 2.1, but it got updated months ago. Even if your phone arrives with 2.1 you can upgrade it through the settings -- and if that fails you can do a manual update. Neither is particularly difficult. :D

roafamily

Reaction score
we just got a droid x from verizon, it has the latest 2.2 on there but you can always upgrade the os as well. i had the storm and you will see easily night and day

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As others have said, you can always apply the 2.2 to the device if for some reason it doesn't ship with it.

OP
P

Pepsicat

Reaction score
thanks

thanks,everyone. I decided to go with the Fascinate because of the Amoled screen and I like the layout