Warranty Exchange Questions

elpantalla

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a Droid 2 Global, and I've had it for about 6 months. It's been messing up a lot lately. To put it succinctly, it restarts by itself and I have problems receiving texts. I'm thinking about calling verizon to get a replacement, but the problem is I don't really want another Droid 2 Global. Is there any way they would consider sending me a replacement HTC Trophy instead? (It retails for less anyway) Or would I be stuck with another D2G?

Also, I've heard about changes to their like new replacement policy. My phone has some slight blemishes on the casing around the screen (from being in my pockets with coins and stuff) but the screen is flawless. Has anyone here actually gotten charged the 299 fee for damage?

Thanks

OP
E

elpantalla

Reaction score
Anybody?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I can tell u that they would exchange for same type of device, unless they don't have one in stock they may replace it for a D2. Is it just receiving texts? Have u rooted and running any custom ROMs?

OP
E

elpantalla

Reaction score
I am rooted but I am not running any custom Roms. I was for awhile, but I switched back to stock.

OP
E

elpantalla

Reaction score
And yes I have issues receiving texts sometimes. No idea why.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
And u factory reset? If not, since ur back to full stock take it vzw to have the tech look at it. Out of curiosity, how can u tell its text issues?

OP
E

elpantalla

Reaction score
Well when I'm expecting replies to my texts and I'm not getting them, I restart my phone. More often than not, I get a flood of texts after I restart.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Droid 2 Global, and I've had it for about 6 months. It's been messing up a lot lately. To put it succinctly, it restarts by itself and I have problems receiving texts. I'm thinking about calling verizon to get a replacement, but the problem is I don't really want another Droid 2 Global. Is there any way they would consider sending me a replacement HTC Trophy instead? (It retails for less anyway) Or would I be stuck with another D2G?
As always (see all the other threads asking the same question), what you get depends on stock. They replace with the same device unless there are none in stock. If there are none in stock they use a similar (their definition, not yours) device.

Warranty is not an upgrade program. If you want a different device then you need to buy one. Abuse of warranty and insurance is precisely why they're reluctant to do this.

OP
E

elpantalla

Reaction score
You say that as if they're doing me some kind of favor. I pay a bunch of money every month (and I have a total warranty), and when my phone doesn't work the way it's supposed to, I don't even get a new phone. I get a refurbished one (which we all know usually suck).

The problem with technology these days is nothing's built to last. It's ridiculous.

Verizon is so lame.

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
You say that as if they're doing me some kind of favor. I pay a bunch of money every month (and I have a total warranty), and when my phone doesn't work the way it's supposed to, I don't even get a new phone. I get a refurbished one (which we all know usually suck).

The problem with technology these days is nothing's built to last. It's ridiculous.

Verizon is so lame.

Contact the company that made the phone then.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
E

elpantalla

Reaction score
Has anybody had good luck dealing directly with motorola?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Verizon is so lame.

Why would they give you a new phone in exchange for a used one?

Yes, but expect to be without your phone for 4-6 weeks.

OP
E

elpantalla

Reaction score

Verizon is so lame.

Because I paid for the phone, and it's not my fault that it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I also pay every month for insurance. Why should I get a used phone?

TyrantII

Reaction score

Verizon is so lame.

Because I paid for the phone, and it's not my fault that it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I also pay every month for insurance. Why should I get a used phone?

Because that's what the contract you signed says. Don't like it, don't sign the contract, nor pay them the money.

If you instead saved the $6/month and $50 deductible you'd be about $30 away from $150 after a year. That would get you a pretty sweet, although not brand new, used phone. It's also smarter IMO for people who know they historically don't go through phones much.