WARNING: Seidio Droid 2 Innocase slightly obscures D2 Global's camera dual LED

r314bd

Reaction score
Just in case anyone was considering the Droid 2 Seidio Innocase case for your D2 Global, you can see in the .gif below how the dual LED on the D2 Global is a bit lower than that on the D2. I got the case today and it obscures just a hair of the D2 Global's dual LED.

droid2camera.gif

Seidio has really good cases but just be warned that since the D2 case wasn't designed for the D2 Global, you'll run into that issue.

SilverK20A3

Reaction score
I would like to mention I just got the Verizon Droid 2 shell/holster combo (super cheap on ebay!), and the situation is the same with flash. The cutout cuts off the lower edge of the flash off by a hair.

Raptor007

Reaction score
When I read this I went to Motorola's site and brought up the D2 and D2G images of the backside. The camera appears to bulge a bit on the D2G and this could be the reason. Mine arrives today.

SilverK20A3

Reaction score
When I read this I went to Motorola's site and brought up the D2 and D2G images of the backside. The camera appears to bulge a bit on the D2G and this could be the reason. Mine arrives today.

As far as the bulge is concerned, it's extremely minimal. Like barely a milimeter of extra height where the camera is. Most cases should accommodate the "bulge" without any problems. The lens and flash are actually slightly lower (1-2mm at most) on the Global.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I would likely agree, but it seems the Verizon case doesn't meet that criteria, off by a mm is still enough to mess it up.