Seidio / Innocase -- D2 Case and Docking Station?

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I have the D1 Docking Cradle from Seidio and my D2 with the new seidio case still fits in the D1 docking cradle form Seidio if anyone is wondering that.

jcg11

Reaction score
I have the D1 Docking Cradle from Seidio and my D2 with the new seidio case still fits in the D1 docking cradle form Seidio if anyone is wondering that.

Great to know. I was just going to ask that question. I called Seidio and the rep told me it would not fit. I thought that was odd, because they both seem to be the same overal shape and size.

On a side note. Anyone know why the Seidio thread was taken off the site?

Cunha

Reaction score
I have a question about this case - how does it compare to the Rocketfish case available at best buy and other places? I tried that case and it felt loose and awkward on my D2. Is the Seidio better than that? Or how does it compare to the 5 dollar ebay cases?

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I have a question about this case - how does it compare to the Rocketfish case available at best buy and other places? I tried that case and it felt loose and awkward on my D2. Is the Seidio better than that? Or how does it compare to the 5 dollar ebay cases?

I had that stupid Rocketfish case from Best Buy also and hated it. There was a big gap between the bottom and top of the case where they are supposed to meet. The seidio case is much better than that and has much tighter lines. You will not be sorry you bought this case in my opinion.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score

Does your go in to clock radio mode in the seidio dock? Does the droid 2 not do that??

Cunha

Reaction score
I'm afraid to buy the d1 seidio car mount because I will be bummed if they offer a d2 specific model. Hmm. I'm also curious if the D2 will go into docked landscape mode when mounted in the seidio.

arrjaytea

Reaction score

I had that stupid Rocketfish case from Best Buy also and hated it. There was a big gap between the bottom and top of the case where they are supposed to meet. The seidio case is much better than that and has much tighter lines. You will not be sorry you bought this case in my opinion.

This pleases me, as upon reading the first review of the Seidio D2 case I was under the impression that the same criticisms I had of the Rocketfish case (which I am still currently using) were true of the D2 case.

After seeing how well the first Innocase fit the D1, I was hoping for a similarly impressive sequel.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
One other thing though - I'm not sure I'm following an earlier post: did you explicitly have to whittle the Innocase down to fit into the stock Motorola car dock?

I'm not too keen on that if so... although my Rocketfish case wobbles a bit in my dock. It's my biggest complaint, hands down. I hate when it randomly switches out of dock mode....

xCore

Reaction score
One other thing though - I'm not sure I'm following an earlier post: did you explicitly have to whittle the Innocase down to fit into the stock Motorola car dock?

I'm not too keen on that if so... although my Rocketfish case wobbles a bit in my dock. It's my biggest complaint, hands down. I hate when it randomly switches out of dock mode....

yeah, the seidio case had to be shaved to get it to fit in the moto dock. since originally posting i went back to the hatched verizon case (from the case/holster combo) since it fits perfectly in the dock. i'm using that case back, the seidio case front and the seidio holster... frankencase :blackdroid:

this is about as good of a fit as it's gunna get unless someone makes a case specifically to fit the moto dock. it just seems odd that manufactures don't verify the compatibility with the base manufacturer (moto) accessories.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score

Does your go in to clock radio mode in the seidio dock? Does the droid 2 not do that??

If anyone was wondering... The Seidio D1 dock, will fit the D2, BUT, it will NOT set the D2 in to "clock radio mode". I called Seidio about it, they told me that it is not compatible with the Droid 2, and they don't have any plans to make one currently. LAME!

I AM using my 2800 extended battery from my D1 on my D2, and I am still using my D1 Seidio dock, but no more clock radio / multimedia mode :(:(:(

Anyone know a hack to make it work right?

Cunha

Reaction score
Probably it would be more trouble than it is worth for most people. Such a shame. I'm glad I didn't order a seidio case or D1 dock as I almost did.

I guess the best option for me is to get a really protective case like the otterbox and just set the phone on my dashboard somewhere. Shameshame.

K20turbo

Reaction score
Does the seidio innocase for the d2 fit with the motorola d2 multimedia dock with adapter off and no modifications to the case?
Can someone please try this?

me4droid

Reaction score
D2 and Seidio Case fits D2 Dock

I just received my Seidio Droid 2 case and it fits fine in the droid 2 multimedia docking station with the insert REMOVED. Next I need to try the car dock.dancedroid

K20turbo

Reaction score
Wont fit the car dock its been covered before

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App