Warning on buying Milestone!

big_adventure

Reaction score
Hi there I appreciate he effort and thank you for it , mon ami , but as Milestone is not yet available in canada , there is no support for it as a Canadian . Also lots of things I read on the net is Google is the one that grants access to the market hence all motorola can do is pressur egoogle into whitelisting all these numbers that werent in the first place ( they should have been , so it seems )

Never give up without even trying. Have you called them?

Also, since you have a Milestone, it had to have been purchased SOMEWHERE. Just go to the Motorola support site for the country where it was purchased and get the number. Then call that country's support. Seriously, this is simply an EDI transaction between Motorola and Google - they just need to put your phone's info onto a list, AFAIK.

Szadzik

Reaction score
Is it not that it checks the mobile operator to verify what country you are in and then blocks paid apps?

I think JKK mentioned that after rooting his Milestone, he was able to change the carrier and then all paid apps were shown.

Reaction score
Hey. I bought a Motorola Milestone from mobiles.co.uk on contract and it is unlocked but the contract is with Orange. I watched a Vid on youtube of some guy who got root access then used this program to display paid apps because he was in Norway and he didn't have paid apps originally.

Szadzik

Reaction score
Hey. I bought a Motorola Milestone from mobiles.co.uk on contract and it is unlocked but the contract is with Orange. I watched a Vid on youtube of some guy who got root access then used this program to display paid apps because he was in Norway and he didn't have paid apps originally.

We are talking about the same person; JKK