Milestone on AT&T in USA

grat

Reaction score
DL_LCS_SUPL_SECURITY_ON = 0

hslp_address = supl.google.com:7276
default_hslp_address = supl.google.com:7276

Interesting. Just as an aside, I didn't change the DL_LCS_SUPL_SECURITY flag (It's still "1"), and I used the port "7275" on supl.google.com. In fact, all I really did was a search/replace of "telusmobility" to "google", and it locks within a few seconds.

Anyone know what the flag does, or what the difference in ports is? Both 7275 and 7276 appear to respond to a telnet, but I don't grok the protocol enough to get a response manually. :)

I don't even own a milestone or let alone an android device and you all seem so willing to help me out.

I was exactly where you are about two months ago, so I understand where you're coming from. It took several days of sifting through posts to find the information I was looking for.

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
The changes:

In each file above you will find the following lines:

DL_LCS_SUPL_SECURITY_ON = 1

hslp_address = supl.telusmobility.com:7275
default_hslp_address = supl.telusmobility.com:7275

Change those lines to be:

Interesting. Just as an aside, I didn't change the DL_LCS_SUPL_SECURITY flag (It's still "1"), and I used the port "7275" on supl.google.com. In fact, all I really did was a search/replace of "telusmobility" to "google", and it locks within a few seconds.

Anyone know what the flag does, or what the difference in ports is? Both 7275 and 7276 appear to respond to a telnet, but I don't grok the protocol enough to get a response manually. :)

Yeah, you probably can leave the flag set to 1 and also the same port number, seems to work either way.

hamh

Reaction score
I have a AT&T (Telus) compatible milestone for sale if anyone is interested :)