Wanting to Return Droid 2 R2-D2 Under Warranty, but.....

ob_juan

Reaction score
I've got a Droid 2 R2-D2 running Liberty Rom 2.0.1 and Kernel version "2.6.32.9". The touch screen is beginning to short out (same thing happened with OG Droid) It will randomly start clicking things. But unlike my OG droid situation R2 is still under warranty.

When rooting/sbf'ing my R2 I remember something about there being a difference in the R2 & Regular Droid 2 Firmware, and to get liberty or root (I cant remember) i had to flash the Regular Droid 2 firmware. I think I recall something about not being able to change back to R2's firmware. I'd like to get it back to stock R2 stuff (firmware, custom unlock screen, ringtones, etc.) before trying to return it for a warranty.

Any suggestions? Is it even possible to get stock R2 firmware back on it? Would Verizon take it back with liberty rom? Would they take it back with Regular Droid 2 firmware on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is currently no R2D2 SBF available. You're only other choice is 2.3.20 for the D2, which would still be better than returning it on Liberty.

OP
O

ob_juan

Reaction score
That's what I figured by lurking/reading around on forums. :frown: Has anyone had experience returning a R2 running stock/non-r2?

bigdav1178

Reaction score
If you haven't already found the recently released SBF for the R2D2, have a look over at the R2D2 owner's thread. The OTA release of Gingerbread brought about the discovery that the SBF has been around since December (well, at least one person had it). Thanks to droidforums member greygriffon, it is now available to all of us (purchased it from the person who had it).

hellmonkey

Reaction score
A lot of the asthetic stuff wont matter either. WidgetLocker can change the lockscreen and that does not require root. I would think the only real importanint things to look for would be firmware and OS versions. However, I am not a Verizon employee, so I could be completely wrong. I am only making a logical assumtion, and logic is long dead in todays society.