Wanting A Clean Slate (Stock)

JaredLoftis

Reaction score
Alright, first of all I want to warn that I am a noob at all this so bear with me.
So I have a Droid Razr that I had a friend root for me awhile back. I didn't have much problems with my rooted gingerbread Razr until an OTA update came one day and I accidentally installed it without thinking. That took the root off and it ran extremely slow. At the time, ICS was about to come out so I figured that I would just wait until that update came. So I finally got the OTA update for ICS and tried to uninstall it but it fails everytime. It downloads successfully, then it just comes up with an explanation mark when it's in the installation process. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies and all that crap. I'm thinking it must be because I was once rooted and never actually unrooted. Like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing or if any of you guys will understand what I am trying to get across. I just want to "clean the slate" so to speak and just return to stock so I can actually have ICS and maybe my phone will speed up some. I'm tired of gingerbread.

Thanks in advance,
Jared

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Alright, first of all I want to warn that I am a noob at all this so bear with me.
So I have a Droid Razr that I had a friend root for me awhile back. I didn't have much problems with my rooted gingerbread Razr until an OTA update came one day and I accidentally installed it without thinking. That took the root off and it ran extremely slow. At the time, ICS was about to come out so I figured that I would just wait until that update came. So I finally got the OTA update for ICS and tried to uninstall it but it fails everytime. It downloads successfully, then it just comes up with an explanation mark when it's in the installation process. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies and all that crap. I'm thinking it must be because I was once rooted and never actually unrooted. Like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing or if any of you guys will understand what I am trying to get across. I just want to "clean the slate" so to speak and just return to stock so I can actually have ICS and maybe my phone will speed up some. I'm tired of gingerbread.

Thanks in advance,
Jared

Ok, we need to establish what system version you're running. Do menu system settings about phone and tell us what system version you are on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

JaredLoftis

Reaction score
Ok, we need to establish what system version you're running. Do menu system settings about phone and tell us what system version you are on.

Okay, it reads: 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Okay, it reads: 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Ok... download and extract to its own folder the DroidRzr Utility 1.6. In the folder will be drivers for your Windows version (32bit or 64bit). Install the drivers. After the drivers are installed double click the. bat file in the folder... that starts the utility. Power off your phone, then on your phone hold down power+vol down+vol up. Your phone will boot to a black screen with the white lettering. Using vol down button highlight AP Fast boot and use power button to select. Connect your phone with the usb cable provided and select "restore to. 181". Let the utility run until it responds with "successful". Disconnect your phone and check for updates. That should get you the Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update.

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
You get the utility in a "sticky" in the RAZR Hacks sub forum.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok... download and extract to its own folder the DroidRzr Utility 1.7. In the folder will be drivers for your Windows version (32bit or 64bit). Install the drivers. After the drivers are installed double click the. bat file in the folder... that starts the utility. Power off your phone, then on your phone hold down power+vol down+vol up. Your phone will boot to a black screen with the white lettering. Using vol down button highlight AP Fast boot and use power button to select. Connect your phone with the usb cable provided and select "restore to. 181". Let the utility run until it responds with "successful". Disconnect your phone and check for updates. That should get you the Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update.

Sorry to interject, but don't you mean http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-6-now-contains-6-12-181-fastboot-files.html? 1.7 is for ICS, whereas 1.6 has the .181 Gingerbread ROM. :biggrin:

From Matt's post;

"Restore to stock 6.12.181 Gingerbread with full fastboot files."

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

wolfe69

Reaction score
I have the Matt's 1.81 Utility (I have a Linux system - Fedora 17). I am running a rooted Verizon Razr XT912 with 6.16.215 (Android Version 4.0.4). I am wanting to do something similar to what Jared is after. I want to go back to stock and start "clean." If I understood what you said if I select option 1 "Full Fastboot to ICS 6.16.211 Stock" that will put me back to a complete stock phone, is that correct?

wolfe69

Reaction score
I tried using option 1 on Matt's Utility 1.81 and nothing happens. I get:

sudo: fastboot: command not foundPress Enter When The Screen Comes Back On
Wait For It.............................

I pressed enter and got the same thing only there was a "One Mo' Time" between lines 2 and 3.

Death4U

Reaction score
Do you have ubs debugging turned on? And and usb set to MTP and not as mass storage? Also want to add that the proccess takes a lil bit of time. Do you get any error at all?

wolfe69

Reaction score
I will double check the usb and setting then get back to you. Didn't even think about any of that since I was using Fastboot Mode.

Last edited:

wolfe69

Reaction score
USB Debugging is on, It was set to Mass Storage but I changed it and still nothing. Am I putting my phone into Fastboot Flash Mode (S) before trying to run option 1. Do I really need to do that or should I just hook the phone up normally and run the option?

Death4U

Reaction score
Look for mats page in the forums. The instructions are there follow them to a tee. I would post the link but im short on time being at work atm. You can also search for matts 1.82 utility some have had probs with the previous one. Also make sure you are using the moto drivers in the zip file. Another thing to check is to make sure your using the oem usb cable not an aftermarket one.