Want your Droid early? Try Walmart!

J

JohnDroid

walmart-logo.jpg

Many of the DroidForums.net membership have been able to get the Droid early by picking it up at Wal-Mart. In addition, Walmart has it cheaper then Verizon, so it's a win/win.

Not every Walmart store seems to be selling them early however, so it's a hit or miss. Whatever your results, let us know so we can get an idea of how prolific the sales are. We've seen at least 3 separate cases of Walmart's selling them early.

Please report your success or failure here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/487-just-picked-up-my-droid-walmart.html

mdcdave

Reaction score
Activation complete

Well i have received the droid early from wally world 500 dollars as i am currently in an active contract(BB pearl). Heads up on activation. Took a bit of time seems as if Verizon is having issues had to call multiple times. Online ESN swap was unavailable. Customer support said i was first he has heard of but once he walked me through the activation everything was up ok. Currently testing phone misc features will post more as i get into it.

flcastillo1975

Reaction score
you could have just added a second line and paid the 10.00 fee till contract expired

Earthwalker

Reaction score
Don't shop at Wal-Mart. Will not support companies that do the things they do. The VZW store set me right up. They knew what they were doing. Fairly quick and easy. They where busy.

bots

Reaction score
Got my droid at wal-mart for $188. Easy activation, no problems whatsoever. Sears has them now for $149 BTW, but who knows how long that will last.

Zippster

Reaction score
Got my droid at wal-mart for $188. Easy activation, no problems whatsoever. Sears has them now for $149 BTW, but who knows how long that will last.

Couple days late to the party on this thread there bots...

Dell has them for $119 and think I saw some others down to $99