Want to try custom boot screens

silverfang77

Reaction score
I watched a [video=youtube;OSBX7EBwaVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSBX7EBwaVA]YouTube video[/video] about it, which says this can only be done on a custom ROM, not on stock.

Wouldn't installing a custom boot animation be as simple as downloading the bootanimation.zip to my SD card, then using Root Explorer to rename the original to bootanimation.old and put the new one in the /system/media folder?

Are boot animations cross compatible between different Androids; would one made for a Droid Eris work on a Droid 2?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Wouldn't installing a custom boot animation be as simple as downloading the bootanimation.zip to my SD card, then using Root Explorer to rename the original to bootanimation.old and put the new one in the /system/media folder?

That's how I do it. When I find one that's not compatible, no problem, my D2G just shows a generic Android until boot is complete.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Can you recommend a good site to get boot screens from? I've searched on Google, but there don't seem to be any dedicated boot screen galleries.

Thank you.