Want to send email, why don't contacts pop up?

Mrs EB

Reaction score
My husband's Droid Incredible:

He wants to send an email to a friend who is listed in his contacts. This is someone to whom he hasn't sent an email from his Incredible. When typing his name in the "To" field, nothing pre-populates like it does when I send an email from my Gmail account on my Droid 2 Global.

With the Incredible, must an initial email be sent in which he has to type the full address even though that information is already in the contacts? He tried using both his gmail and netzero accounts which he set up on his Incredible.

How can this be resolved? Thanks.

smtom

Reaction score
Using gmail and contacts don't show up?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Using gmail and contacts don't show up?
Yes, that's right. He also has a Netzero account which is his primary account but he told me uses both email accounts on his Incredible. And the contacts don't pre-populate when he sends an email to someone on his Incredible for the first time. Now if he's already sent that person an email, it DOES pre-populate. But not if it's the first time.

smtom

Reaction score
Are contacts stored to phone as well? Also, is facebook or other contact - linked accounts synced with device?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Are contacts stored to phone as well? Also, is facebook or other contact - linked accounts synced with device?
I saw the contacts stored on his phone. He doesn't use Facebook. He exported them from his old Blackberry.

Last edited:

smtom

Reaction score
Gmail is set to sync? If so what is the frequency?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I think he got it figured out. When he transferred his data from his blackberry, for some reason, the email address field was not populated. Once he populated the field by hand, the addresses of those he had never sent emails before on his Incredible, popped up automatically.